predator convention in the uk

wolverinepred

hi guys i am thinking of organizing a convention based on predator and aliens movie franchises. it will be based in someset and i am looking to get stars from the films as guest signers.
it will be a one day event and i hope to have a predator and alien costume competition, signings and dealers plus showings of the best films of the franchises.
i live in wincanton and we have a discworld convention here every year( we are actually twinned with ankh morpock!!) so the facilities exist here to put such a show on.
let me know what you guys think of this and i am happy to take suggestions about other things we could organize. (perhaps a predator parade!!!).

I am sure if you managed to get some of the stars from both franchises there, you would find yourself inundated with Uk and European predators/aliens.

Good luck, it would be great to see such a idea come to life. :)

Sounds like a rare idea. I don't have a costume but I'd love to have a blether with like minded Lair lovers. Might even be the incentive to make something I could wear instead of working with resin.

hi guys thanks for the support. I have already spoken to ian whyte by email and he has said he would be delighted to attend the convention (work permitting)
So it looks like i am going to have to get the ball rolling on this one. i am provisionally looking at next september/october. obviously i would really like ian to attend as the star guest so i will have to liase with him to confirm when he would be available in that timeframe. but i will keep the lair updated and let you guys know how its coming along!

a possible idea might be to mail Fox/whoever and see if you can get a release date for Predators and offer to do a tie-in/promotional thing. could mebbes have a star or two, some promo freebies etc, and they'd get some word of mouth and cool shots of fans in costume etc to promote w/.

a possible idea might be to mail Fox/whoever and see if you can get a release date for Predators and offer to do a tie-in/promotional thing. could mebbes have a star or two, some promo freebies etc, and they'd get some word of mouth and cool shots of fans in costume etc to promote w/.

yeah that sounds like a great idea! to quote a phrase i think we're gonna need a bigger boat!!

Good luck, but it's going to cost quite a bit of cash, not to mention promotional moneys for Adverts etc.

Still, if ur rich, do it and we'll all try and come :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back