Predator concepts ++update++

vyrus74

So I went on a little predator induced drawing phase and came up with a few of my own interpretations of the galaxies finest hunter...

First design: unsure of what to call him (help me out guys!)
104_3996.JPG

Second design: "Triumphant"
104_3998.JPG

Third design: "Inoltec Predator"
The idea behind this one is this:
Predators have not always had thier technology, so I decided to design this one sans cannons and netting. The mask has cut out eyes to which you can see the Preds baby blues! Once I started thinking of this it made the idea of this kind of predator that much more fearful! Not having to rely on laser cannons and propelled netting and still being able to take down any opponent is pure baddassery! IMO...
104_3997.JPG

let me know what you guys think!
And you can check out more of my work here website

and please note that these images are copyright A.S.Nino 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Vyrus74,

Excellent work!

what is the media you use to get the colors?

Hmmm, the name for the first Pred..... M-di H'chak "No Mercy" ?

keep those drawings coming!

---
Ei'luj

well for these I used microns for the line work and color pencils for the colors... although the sketches were shaded in using HB pencils then I made copies and colored the copies ( i find that this helps me when I shade with the color over the areas that are already gray shaded ). Cool name, I'll think about that one n thanks, I'm glad you like the art I will post more as I clean out my sketches...

Love the second one - too blurry tho. The last pic tho - wicked. I love the sinister look
-your dreads flow like human hair...but still look like a dread. Dunno how else to 'splain it other than they look unique.
-your Bios are organic and yet have a Transformers feel to them. That last one looks just badass!
-do you have any Predator faces done? I'd like to see more of your Pred drawings...

Thanks guys! These were all done 3-5 years ago, I am currently working on a predator/alien hybrid face that will be used for a shield or should I say, coat of arms. To PredatrHuntr: I will post more work of my preds as I come across them, I'm trying to clean up my file cabinets and have a assload of old art I want to scan and post...

Here are a few concepts for my next Predator piece...

comments? suggestions? critisizm? all are welcome...

pred_sketch_1.jpg

more...

pred_sketch_2.jpg

instead of the bladed gauntlet I may instead add an armored/scaled/bladed glove or a single blade gauntlet

also thinkin of having the predator holding a glaive? oh well, more pics as this moves along...

added more detail... decided on a single blade gaunt... tryna decide on a cannon design as well...

pred_sketch_3.jpg

...dude get off the lair go to Dark Horse and make them give u a job damn!!!! We could have someone who draws the pred comics on the lair... gigity...

LOL! thanks Garo, lord knows I'd like to work in comics... oh well...

Well since my last post, I've been doing some work on the recent pred and I've only gotten about 4 hours of sleep! So this is what I've gotten so far, I've taken the sketch and carbon copied it to a 17x30 sheet of brown wrapping paper, used a .3 micron for the line work, a .8 for the outlines, and a sharpie for the darker silouettes. added some shading using an HB pencil I think... Final piece will be up for sale as soon as I'm done drawing and inking in the rest. This piece will be framed as well... hope y'all like!

Notes: Decided on the double gaunt (aaarrrgh) and slick little twist to the armature for the shoulder cannon, tried to make the armor look a bit more intimidating...

Title: Guan U'sl-Kwe (Night's "Final Rest")

The Predator race has finally decided to rid earth of its human occupants and have begun to lay waste to its once glorious cities... Leading the attack is Guan U'sl-Kwe. A remorseless General in the Yautja army (much like our military). What we know of the hunters cannot begin to fathom what this General is truly capable of...

to be continued...

pred_sketch_3_final_ink.jpg

here's another AVP wip... my Hybrid in PS for a sig or avatar (maybe I'll add some tribal work to it)

avp_wip2.jpg

ok that last one Guan U'sl-Kwe..is beautiful...love the stylized look of him

will you be offering prints of it?...i gotta have one

AM

Thanks guys!

Kithunter: I will be offering digital renderings of "Guan U'sl-Kwe" as prints as soon as I'm done PS the crap out of it, I'll post pics of my progress...

Wolf: funny you should ask, but I've got a VYRUS PREDATOR in the works as we speak (maybe I'll post a little teaser shot sometime) idea behind the character is: A castout Yautjan medicine man/shaman/surgeon takes the blood of every thing he kills or comes across and splices dna strands and the such and uses these cocktails to kill or hinder his next victim...

Thanks guys!

Kithunter: I will be offering digital renderings of "Guan U'sl-Kwe" as prints as soon as I'm done PS the crap out of it, I'll post pics of my progress...

Wolf: funny you should ask, but I've got a VYRUS PREDATOR in the works as we speak (maybe I'll post a little teaser shot sometime) idea behind the character is: A castout Yautjan medicine man/shaman/surgeon takes the blood of every thing he kills or comes across and splices dna strands and the such and uses these cocktails to kill or hinder his next victim...

Vyrus74,

Good teaser synopsis on the "vyrus predator"'s backstory

Great artwork on Guan U'sl-Kwe, can't wait to see what "vyrus" will look like!

That shaman gives new meaning to the term "bad blood" Gotta send Da Arbitrator after him :)

---
Ei'luj

Thanks ei'luj!

Here's another 30min concept for a "Kathoga" Predator...

kathoga_pred_concept.jpg

Im also presently working on my "vyrus" predator, an unnamed "warlord" predator and also something else that I hope everyone here will enjoy...

And those of you downloading my pics: I don't mind you downloading them, but if you are going to, the LEAST you can do is leave a comment!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back