Predator Collector's Edition DVD (2004)

vgfett

Up until recently, I only had the regular DVD in Widescreen with DTS, not the 2-DVD collector's edition. After seeing PREDATORS, and finding out that Amazon.com had used copies of the Collector's Edition for 6 BUCKS, I pulled the trigger and bought a copy. Let me say I am so happy I did.

Before talking to you guys, I never even knew there was a prior (and my God, just awful) first prototype of the Predator. The head bobbing of that suit would have made it an instant bomb! I am so glad they pulled Stan Winston into the mix.

This DVD rocks, and I am really glad you guys pointed me in the direction of it. I remember being a kid and seeing a "making of" video on regular network TV, and I think part of it is what's captured on the making of in these DVDs.

Thanks again!

Yeah, after Predators, I've got the fever again, big time, so I bought the deluxe 2 disc of all four Pred movies (plus the Alien Quadrillogy, for kicks) to replace my one disc editions. They were like 5-7 bucks a piece, and the extras alone will be worth the price. I love that crap!

I've just upgraded myself to the new blu ray edition of predator, people have been complaining its to cleaned up, but i think it looks great, can't wait for the new blu ray of aliens either looks a great set,

I've just upgraded myself to the new blu ray edition of predator, people have been complaining its to cleaned up, but i think it looks great, can't wait for the new blu ray of aliens either looks a great set,

I actually read (via online reviews) that it didn't look much more cleaned up at all. I haven't seen it myself though to be able to rate it one way or another.

I thought it funny that during the documentary on the Collector's Edition DVD that there was absolutely no mention of Van Damme having been the original man lined up for the suit. I haven't gotten through the audio commentaries though so, I don't know yet if he ever gets mentioned there or not.

Also, why were Stan Winston and Jim Cameron heading together to on a plane to Japan? Would that have been for something "Aliens" oriented possibly? Like a premiere I guess? Damm, could you imagine being on a plane with those 2 for that long? I'd have every piece of clothing-luggage-body autographed by both of them!

I have the "old" blu ray, is the new one worth the extra purchase? You said you like the picture, how about audio and extras? Sorry for the slight drift OT but it's kinda related! :)

I have the "old" blu ray, is the new one worth the extra purchase? You said you like the picture, how about audio and extras? Sorry for the slight drift OT but it's kinda related! :)

This is the first time I've heard of them having 2 versions of the same movie out on Blu Ray. I think they are getting carried away. What is the difference between the 2? Cripes!

I've noticed the sound on the 2 disc collector's edition DVD varies a little bit in volume and clarity (at least on mine it does), as can be heard when the guys discover Hopper's men hanging from the trees. Other than that, it's fine. Great additional features!

This is the first time I've heard of them having 2 versions of the same movie out on Blu Ray. I think they are getting carried away. What is the difference between the 2? Cripes!

I actually heard there was 3 versions of Predator on Blu Ray (I could be wrong here). The first being a horrendous port with low quality MPEG compression (to make a quick buck). The 2nd corrected this but was too gray and the third is the ultimate hunter edition which has a lot of DNR (digital noise reduction). I just bought that one on sale and I've got to say it's fantastic.

Check it out on the pic rollovers here: http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/a-loo...ered-on-blu-ray

I remember watching Richard Chaves in the Special Edition featurette and remembered he was in a show called War of The Worlds. It was pretty grim and he did some major league killing on the show.

I really wished there were more deleted scenes, there was so much potential to flesh out the backstory of the team a little more.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back