Predator CGI Part 2...heat vision and plasma cannon

predatron

hi guys since i got some great feedback i thought it put this up while the other pred cg thread is still up.

im going to make a short fan movie in around 6 months time when i am properly prepared and im hoping to put all the predator trademark cgi in,iv had some invaluable help with the cloaking technique but anyone got any experience with the plasma cannon shooting and the heat vision?

if so please share as im new to after effects and would really appreciate the advice!

cheers guys!

hi guys since i got some great feedback i thought it put this up while the other pred cg thread is still up.

im going to make a short fan movie in around 6 months time when i am properly prepared and im hoping to put all the predator trademark cgi in,iv had some invaluable help with the cloaking technique but anyone got any experience with the plasma cannon shooting and the heat vision?

if so please share as im new to after effects and would really appreciate the advice!

cheers guys!

In After Effects, there is a function called "Colorama" that works perfectly for the Pred Vision.

The cannon blast can be done with a generated "lens flare" for the firing burst--for the actual projectile you'll have to animate one. I use an "Alien Tracer" stock clip that I got, IIRC, from Detonation Films.

In After Effects, there is a function called "Colorama" that works perfectly for the Pred Vision.

Oh, and there's also a "wave form" function that you can tie to an audio file, rotate 90 degrees, and use as the audio-sensing portion of the Pred Vision.

My fan film, "Predator vs Stormtroopers", should be done in a few weeks. Once I have it up on YouTube, you'll be able to see how this all looks.

wow!i cant wait to see it!my ideas are slightly to ambitious but its not going to stop me im determined haha,thanks again for all the help mate.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back