Predator bust w.i.p

Mx10

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post non lifesize proyects, but I just wanted to share the last steps in the making of this bust in case someone is interested and wants to see the proces . Its a little bigger than 1/3, about 9 inches tall, so it doesn't fit in any particular scale, however I do plan on making the predator from predator 2 as a companion pice for this guy.
I will be updating the thread once I start painting him.
IMG_20201231_091026.jpg
IMG_20201231_090842.jpg
IMG_20201231_090828.jpg

Ooh, that's looking pretty damn nice. When you do the gloss I would suggest using a brush instead of spraying it on, and try to add it unevenly and in thick layers, dabbing it on, instead of brushing it on, as that may give it a more natural greazy look.

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up repainting the head, so I tried it the second time and it did looked better, definetly avoids the toy like feel an even gloss may give.
After a couple failures at making dreads I endend up abandoning it for some time, but here is how it looks at the moment, hope to finish it some day.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-01 at 9.35.34 PM.jpeg

I believe Super Sculpey offers a flexible sculpting clay that you bake, so you don't have to sculpt them in shape. Otherwise I would suggest Aves Apoxie Sculpt, where you roll out long tapered "snakes" of 2-part self-hardening resin and then add it to the sculpt, and shape them all and let them harden.

Sorry for the late response, that could be a way to get some flexible dreads, unfortunately I can´t get flexible sculpey in my country so I tried making dreads with foil paper and covering them with a couple coats of latex. They didn´t ended up looking so good cause I rushed through the process, but they work from afar.
I don´t know if I will continue with the project cause I´m not too happy with the original sculpt anymore, but here is an elder I´m painting using an extra copy I had lying around .

I may end up updating the thread with pics of both if I ever get to finish them :)

20211025_003145.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back