Predator bust w.i.p

Mx10

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post non lifesize proyects, but I just wanted to share the last steps in the making of this bust in case someone is interested and wants to see the proces . Its a little bigger than 1/3, about 9 inches tall, so it doesn't fit in any particular scale, however I do plan on making the predator from predator 2 as a companion pice for this guy.
I will be updating the thread once I start painting him.
IMG_20201231_091026.jpg
IMG_20201231_090842.jpg
IMG_20201231_090828.jpg

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Ooh, that's looking pretty damn nice. When you do the gloss I would suggest using a brush instead of spraying it on, and try to add it unevenly and in thick layers, dabbing it on, instead of brushing it on, as that may give it a more natural greazy look.

Mx10

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up repainting the head, so I tried it the second time and it did looked better, definetly avoids the toy like feel an even gloss may give.
After a couple failures at making dreads I endend up abandoning it for some time, but here is how it looks at the moment, hope to finish it some day.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-01 at 9.35.34 PM.jpeg

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
I believe Super Sculpey offers a flexible sculpting clay that you bake, so you don't have to sculpt them in shape. Otherwise I would suggest Aves Apoxie Sculpt, where you roll out long tapered "snakes" of 2-part self-hardening resin and then add it to the sculpt, and shape them all and let them harden.

Mx10

Sorry for the late response, that could be a way to get some flexible dreads, unfortunately I can´t get flexible sculpey in my country so I tried making dreads with foil paper and covering them with a couple coats of latex. They didn´t ended up looking so good cause I rushed through the process, but they work from afar.
I don´t know if I will continue with the project cause I´m not too happy with the original sculpt anymore, but here is an elder I´m painting using an extra copy I had lying around .

I may end up updating the thread with pics of both if I ever get to finish them :)

20211025_003145.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.