predator bust re-paint

DAMNATION666

um, i;m guessing this should go here as what i painted is more like a model kit that a statue or figure. my wife bought this bust for me on sale half price due to slight paint damage. i have no idea who makes these, but obviously its a knock off. still, for $100 it was worth it for painting alone:
predator026.jpg

thats what i thought till i started painting this thing. i have never done something this big, with so much space! i'm used to hulk figures arounf 8 inches, or warhammer 40k miniatures. my last paint job on scar 12 incher was big enough, but he had small details. easy for hand paint ting. this thing however needs an airbrush, some thing i must invest in i think. so it started off bad, with my original paint scheme not working at all. then as it started looking up, paint started to peel for no reason. i alway undercoat, this has never happened to me, very frustrating. any how, here he is. i still may add a clan symbol on his bio, but at the moment im over looking at it!

predator031.jpg

predator032.jpg

predator033.jpg

predator034.jpg

predator035.jpg

predator026.jpg

predator031.jpg

predator032.jpg

predator033.jpg

predator034.jpg

predator035.jpg

I see someone has a thing for green

i guess i do have a thing for green. but this time it came from the easy factor. i first sprayed this all black for undercoat. i was goint to do a nice red armour. but that didnt work out. i just so happend to pick up a can of green indercoat/primer for hulk customes, and thought, why not! made painting the armour just a wee bit easier i think. plus it came out very neat due to spraying. i really need an airbrush i think.

looks neat man also 100 bucks for that bust is realy good price ! i see custom is green cool. if i had one i would make mine red whit thst eye tribal symbol on his helmet like the big red from youtube clip you know batman vs predator clip also a alien involved

How it happend that your paint starting to peel off?
did you used enamle over acrylic? what kind of primer did you used?
and also what kind of paint you used on the bust like brand and type?

cant wait for the final touch see yah

Hey man good work, keep it up. Wish I had something that size to experiment with. I just completed a custom predator myself. It is a 1/4 original, Check me out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back