Predator build suit #3

jaded

Ok, so this is my third suit build. Even though 3 is a lot, I am trying to look at them as practice (silly right?). I am hoping to have more realistic looking and better assembled suit than my last two. I am starting from scratch (minus the base for my feet and ducttape dummy from my last build). I am not sure exactly how I want to it look right yet, so I am just focusing on building the muscles for the skin and trying to improve on the half-ass job I did on the feet from my last suit.

I borrowed the idea for the feet from Vinmanmac and Alphatech686. I basically built 7" inch platforms, screwed my shoes to them, sprayed/sculpted great foam, and then covered with latex. They held up great, but because the foot ended at my ankle, I was "clopping" around like a horse all day and my ankles became really wore out. What I am hoping to do this time around is create a knee high boot (like Alphatech686 did) to help with walking and overall appearance. I won't be sculpting and casting, but rather building with a combination of upholstery foam and Great Stuff spray foam (well at least trying anyway). As for the suit, I am basically using the Mr. I huntorial that Macguyver provided us with, but using a Flash costume and building the muscles out before the latex starts. Anyway, I have taken a couple shots of where I am at as of now and will update my progress the further along I get.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked on the chest and shoulders tonite. I am using pics of Seahunter skins and Mannowar skins as well as comic book anatomy books. Still some refinement left in the shoulders to reduce the bulk

Some update pics on the muscles I've been buildin for my skin.

Thanks

Thanks slimz, and here ya go, I just finished working on it for the night and have a couple photos to add. The legs still look really bulky, I need to trim them to be more circular and flow around to the back better and also to add the biceps femoris and maybe a little of the semitendinosis (I am looking at a muscle structure book :D ) I am almost convinced to leave the back alone because the dreads will cover almost the entire back side and not to mention a back pack if that's the way I go with the armor. Anyway here are the pics

Thanks

dam man the shoulder pad part looks awsome. that suits gonna look badass. yeahz imma post my suit up soon, hopefully it looks good like yours. :p

Some updates, I became happy with the look of the muscles and decided to move on to latexing. This is my first time being able to use my own garage and I"m having a blast! I am not rushed at all to get out of a relative's garage or screened in patio...yay! Anyway, I decided to apply pure latex (not thinned w/water) for the first few layers on the foam. I guess I thought if it was thinned w/water it would "absorb" all the way through the foam, but applying it directly on seems to be working well. I also took a picture of my work area since I am happy to be able to work all comfy and what not.

Looks great man! I much prefer this way than the Mr. Incredible suit. What did you use to to keep the foam muscles in place before applying the latex?

Looks great man! I much prefer this way than the Mr. Incredible suit. What did you use to to keep the foam muscles in place before applying the latex?

I used fabritact glue, you can pick it up at walmart and pretty much all craft stores. It works really well and fast too

Thanks slimz, and here ya go, I just finished working on it for the night and have a couple photos to add. The legs still look really bulky, I need to trim them to be more circular and flow around to the back better and also to add the biceps femoris and maybe a little of the semitendinosis (I am looking at a muscle structure book :p ) I am almost convinced to leave the back alone because the dreads will cover almost the entire back side and not to mention a back pack if that's the way I go with the armor. Anyway here are the pics

Thanks
Bro that is some awesome work, I have been wanting to do something like this for ages now but never had the courage to start. I think having a foam suit is the best in terms of comfort and movement. You have inspired me to give it ago!
Cant wait to see the progress on this!

Started blending the muscles together after work, I'm still using straight latex and am now close to about half a gallon left. I may end up ordering more latex before this is over, hopefully not though.

Started blending the muscles together after work, I'm still using straight latex and am now close to about half a gallon left. I may end up ordering more latex before this is over, hopefully not though.

YES! This is the thread I have been dying to find! This is how I wanted to make my skins. You mentioned some comic book anatomy books; do you mind throwing up some reference pictures? Oh, I can't wait to see how this turns out!

@ Darth Pinhead - sorry man, I can't scan and upload pics anymore because my scanner won't update to Windows 7, sucks too cause I really liked that scanner, but I can tell you that the book is called "Drawing Cutting Edge Anatomy" by Christopher Hart. Barnes & Noble and Boarders can get it really easy, it's super detailed and a great reference

did you roughly get the shape of the muscles then glue on

or did you get the shape exact then stick then on with the latex

@ Darth Pinhead - sorry man, I can't scan and upload pics anymore because my scanner won't update to Windows 7, sucks too cause I really liked that scanner, but I can tell you that the book is called "Drawing Cutting Edge Anatomy" by Christopher Hart. Barnes & Noble and Boarders can get it really easy, it's super detailed and a great reference

Yeah, actually same problem on this end; an HP all-in-one, I presume. I've resorted to using my Droid, when need be. No problem! Oh, a little tip on that note (Not trying to troll) if you check Borders and Barnes & Noble online, their prices are typically cheaper than in the stores. Go figure. I'll be hitting Amazon and half.com first, though.

OK, back to the build: Show us more! LOL...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back