Predator Bomb Gauntlet

Directlinq

Hi Everybody

Just wanted to show you my bomb gauntlet. Its not a movie replica, its my own design but im pretty happy with it.
If anybody wants the circuit design and software just let me know.

The second button i press was just me messing around with the animations.

It runs on 4 AA batteries and lasts over 16 hours of constant running. Then i got bored and turned it off.

Let me know what you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXXK74hJYc

Beautiful, i want to start working with arduino and all that electronic programing stuff, wanna make my own animatronics, can you tell us some of the materials and components you used?
Love the countdown pattern, and very bright :)

This is well done.  I would love to see more in depth how you did this.  Any more info you could give would be great.

Brian

Hi I will be uploading more pics and info very soon but for now. The heart of this gauntlet is a stand alone arduino connected to 5 shift regulators. This limits the outputs needed by the arduino. The top part of the gauntlet opens up to reveal the battery's and the circuit board. The buttons on the front work as follows.
The top button stops any sequence that has been started and turns all the LED's off. The middle button pushed once starts the first sequence countdown then stops. If the middle button is held down for 2 seconds the sequence will be put into loop mode and will continue counting down forever until the top button is pushed. The same with the bottom button. push once and it plays sequence 2 push and hold and it loops sequence 2 until button 1 is pushed. But this can be all modified by changing the code on the arduino.
smaller.jpg

20130322_082343.jpg

20130308_111607.jpg

20130324_112833.jpg

Here is just a pic of the other gauntlet without the blades if anyone is interested.
20130324_112933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work
Is there a website where you can design your boards and have them made or how you find what board is rit for your project? You have to make it?
Sorry for my ignorance but i dont know too much about electronics just the basics

As soon as I get to a computer, I will be posting the schematics of the circuit board. I made mine myself, but the file I will be uploading can be sent to a company and they will make it for you. Then you only have to solder on the components. There maybe a company out there that will do that for you too, but I'm guessing. As for the cost they will charge I do not know but the more that are ordered the cheaper it is. If anybody knows how much a board costs to get made let us know.

I etch my own boards too.  What did you use to design the circuit?  I would love the files if you don't mind sharing.  Nice design, and the etch turned out really good!

Brian

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back