Predator Body Armor.

munson

Hey hunters and huntresses,

Is there any any "right or wrong" type or style of body armor? I looked at and compared the body armor form P1, P2, AVP, and AVPR (and even from the new "Predators" movie) and the armor is really different. AVP looks more like a "middle evil" style armor. They looked weighted down compared to the other movies. It may be clan style, but I thought that the Predator was meant to be a more mobile hunter, not really bulky. Might be me, but what do you think?

I'm designing my armor and am a little lost. I looked at reference pics, some other hunters projects for idea's, and some other outside sources (like ancient civilizations armor).

Thanks for looking.

I would say there is no "right or wrong" type or style of body armor, it all depends on your taste and style. Do all Predators look the same? I would say like humans they each have there on style of hunting and dress too. We know there are different clans i.e. "bad bloods" and I have to believe that there are probably different types of Predators, you have your "tree hunters" (P1) and the tanks (AVP). If you notice in the games and movies you’ll see armor combined too, they may have P1 upper armor mixed with AVP lower armor. So just do what ever you feel makes YOU happy there is no "right or wrong". .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you don't dress in a Kimono and wear a colored Wig you're cool. Plus Predators has a long history and culture beyond the years of human kind and the alien kind so they may see some exotic armor style they like and adapt to their own. So you have a big pool to draw from. Go nuts and draw up some whacked up sh!t.

I'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. I guess it comes down to the fact that I try to be original as possible, try not to copy many ideas. Guess I have to get the gears rolling!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back