Predator 87 on Disney+

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Just watched Predator on Disney+ and wanted to know which Blu-Ray release it matches, as the quality of it was a lot better than that overly scrupped and wax-figure look on the characters from several years back. Is it the new 4k restoration that hit theaters some time back or is it a whole new restoration? I would very much like to get that version on Blu-Ray, so if anyone knows if it is out, I'd appreciate any info on it.

Thanks.

Ah, I'm in Europe. Disney+ has Prey and all the Predator movies on there, but I think I heard they don't have Prey on Disney+ in the US - there it was on Hulu, if I remember correctly... so maybe the other Predator movies are on there. Though, I don't know if it is the same version of Predator 87 that is on Hulu as on the European Disney+.

Sorry, I didn't think of that before making this post.

Would still love to know what version Disney+ has of Predator 87.

I am "thinking" if you only have disney plus you aint getting it.... BUT if you forked out the money for disney plus-hulu-espn2 THEN the hulu library is available on disney plus. I remember seeing the trailer for PREY and at the end it showed the disney logo... but still cant find it... MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY MO!!!

I am "thinking" if you only have disney plus you aint getting it.... BUT if you forked out the money for disney plus-hulu-espn2 THEN the hulu library is available on disney plus. I remember seeing the trailer for PREY and at the end it showed the disney logo... but still cant find it... MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY MO!!!
That did cross my mind. So I googled it.
All the Predator movies come up in searches.
If you click on the link, it brings you to the actual D+ page of that movie - but it shows that I'm not logged it, even though I am.
If I click on log in, I get an error code 41 message.
I googled "error code 41 message" and it's supposed to be a digital rights" issue, and countless expert sites offer brilliant solutions to bypass that, such as "restart your computer" and "check your modem." Experts.

Odds are you're right, and my gut has been telling me that more s**t like this is just around the corner.

If that's the case, then this will be an additional (and final) reason to delete my account and save some money. I got a good deal when D+ first started, and it was great to freely watch SW and Marvel movies, but thanks to the creative committees steering these franchises down the toilet, I fell out of love with them - especially my lifelong love: SW.

I'll try to figure this error 41 one thing first.

Due to international rights, streaming service license agreements and all that jazz, issues, Disney + has Prey and the Predator Films in the UK, Europe, Latin America, and Australia, while Hulu has those films in the US.

Even if you have the Disney Plus - ESPN- Hulu combo package, you will still need to utilize Hulu platform/app to watch those films, they won't be added to the US Disney Plus library if you have the package deal.

Well, it's been difficult to get in touch with Disney+ and I learned that the Bluray that comes with the 4K release is just the scrubbed 2010 transfer, so not worth buying. Pretty damn bummer.

yeah that's a load of (n):mad:
That's standard for all Streaming services, they don't all stream the same things everywhere in the world due to international licensing rights. Some shows or movies that are on one service in the US may be on another overseas. So, it's not BS, not at least on the part of Disney, it's just the way international licensing of TV & movie rights work. Besides, Hulu, while owned (in part) by Disney, isn't the same as Disney + and is technically a separate entity from Disney +.

Got this email from D.

FYI >

In advance of the launch of the ad-supported tier on Disney+, we wanted to let you know that we are making some corresponding updates to our Subscriber Agreement. We also took the opportunity to streamline it to make it even easier to read and update some of our other terms.

These terms will apply as of today for new subscribers. For prior and existing subscribers, like you, these terms will be effective beginning on November 3, 2022 (and the prior version of our Subscriber Agreement will apply until then).
We encourage you to review the updated Subscriber Agreement in full and save a copy for your files. Once effective, it will govern your use and enjoyment of your Disney+ or ESPN+ subscription. We are as committed as ever to making sure you have an enjoyable streaming experience. Please visit our Help Center for more information about your subscription.
We have highlighted some of the changes for your reference:
• We’re reflecting that with the launch of the ad-supported tier, subscriptions to our streaming services may be offered in tiers that differ, including with respect to features, pricing, and other factors.
• We’re clarifying that, by signing up for and using our streaming services, you consent to receive email and other forms of electronic notices and disclosures relating to your subscription and our services (for example, we will attempt to notify you via email before price changes).
• We’re explaining that subscriptions to the Disney Bundle will be subject to terms and disclosures presented during the sign-up and purchase process and related FAQs in our Help Center.
• We’re updating the arbitration agreement to be more specific about the procedures for resolving any disputes relating to your subscription and our services.

Ad-supported streaming took off really fast, and I suspect it's only a matter of months before all the services "offer" this.
Soon enough, you'll see the ad-supported tiers cost as much as the current ads-free tiers. And the upcoming ads-free tier will skyrocket.
Ads-free D+ (Disney+ Premium) will hit $20+ per month before 2024.

Got this email from D.

FYI >

In advance of the launch of the ad-supported tier on Disney+, we wanted to let you know that we are making some corresponding updates to our Subscriber Agreement. We also took the opportunity to streamline it to make it even easier to read and update some of our other terms.

These terms will apply as of today for new subscribers. For prior and existing subscribers, like you, these terms will be effective beginning on November 3, 2022 (and the prior version of our Subscriber Agreement will apply until then).
We encourage you to review the updated Subscriber Agreement in full and save a copy for your files. Once effective, it will govern your use and enjoyment of your Disney+ or ESPN+ subscription. We are as committed as ever to making sure you have an enjoyable streaming experience. Please visit our Help Center for more information about your subscription.
We have highlighted some of the changes for your reference:
• We’re reflecting that with the launch of the ad-supported tier, subscriptions to our streaming services may be offered in tiers that differ, including with respect to features, pricing, and other factors.
• We’re clarifying that, by signing up for and using our streaming services, you consent to receive email and other forms of electronic notices and disclosures relating to your subscription and our services (for example, we will attempt to notify you via email before price changes).
• We’re explaining that subscriptions to the Disney Bundle will be subject to terms and disclosures presented during the sign-up and purchase process and related FAQs in our Help Center.
• We’re updating the arbitration agreement to be more specific about the procedures for resolving any disputes relating to your subscription and our services.

Ad-supported streaming took off really fast, and I suspect it's only a matter of months before all the services "offer" this.
Soon enough, you'll see the ad-supported tiers cost as much as the current ads-free tiers. And the upcoming ads-free tier will skyrocket.
Ads-free D+ (Disney+ Premium) will hit $20+ per month before 2024.
If that's the case then I'm gone. I originally got Disney+ to watch the Mandalorian and as much as I like it I'm not going to pay $20+ a month for something I may use a dozen times a year.

Still not able to get in touch with Disney+.

They have terrible contact options. Their chat option is just hanging there for hours and does not connect with anyone.

I Googled this but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

In PREDATOR (87), who's head is this, on the General Phillips' lap?

At one time I thought Poncho had been recovered (dead or alive) but it doesn't make sense that he would be the his lap.
Then I thought maybe it was a chopper crew member, but that's kinda boring.

PREDATOR87.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back