Predator 3 or AVP 3?

Darkraven

Hey guys

Sorry if this has been posted before but i thought id share my thoughts

what sort of film do you think predator 3 (if its ever made) or AVP 3 (again if its ever made) would you prefer to see and what would you have happening in it

my thoughts are for predator 3

it should be predators in the alien time line when humans have colonies out in space and maybe the humans have colonized a planet the predators like or have a special connection with and all hilarity ensues

me personally am more of a predator fan than an alien fan because aliens to me are kind of boring there's not a lot more they can do than we have already seen soid personally prefer it to be predator 3 than another laien vs predator film which is one of the things that led to the concept of the fan film im making showing the predators doing something different

but one thing i think there should be is no more earth movies the main reasons they are set on earth is budgetary concerns its easier to shooting on location than make a word and they films creators want us to have a connection to the world so we can relate to me that's just boring i mean the predators are a race with space ships so we should see them on other planets

thats just my thoughts anyway

Raven

I kind of agree, I want to see a future timeline. If another movie is set in the present, we all know that the aliens DO survive becuase they are in the future (alien) films. However, they can't just leave where the 2nd movie did without some answers. They decided to make it all 'conspiracy-ish' so now they have to tie it up. Lets just hope they don't bring in david duchovny to solve it.

I'd want to see both eventually.

If they gave Predator 3 a decent budget it would be nice to see it set in a jungle of a the future.

If i made it the story would be based upon a planet made entirely of Jungle like environment with lots of dangerous indigenous wildlife which the Predators would travel to for hunting. The wildlife would be based upon the skulls seen in the trophy cabinet in Predator 2. Awesome scenes of the Predators working as a team to take down giant monster like animals would be a new insight as to how the Predators hunt.

Then to mix it up a little, along would come a massive Marine presence with orders to dispose of any wildlife threats thats would hinder the progress of colonists logging the Forrest for the use in industry. Since earths supply of wood has run out as we have cut all the trees down we have nowhere else to turn and this vast Forrest is just too valuable to ignore.

Upon arrival at the new planet the Marines stumble across the Predators ship and destroy it. With the Predators unable to return home, while awaiting a rescue ship they must fight for their survival not only against the Marines but the dangerous indigenous wildlife as well.

Or something like that... :)

I'd vote for a Predator 3 but instead of the future, use the past. I like the idea of Vikings, set in the mountains, swords, low tech kills and big ass dudes fighting the pred. It would have all the testosterone of P1 but no machine guns.

I want to see extensive predator backstory, ancient preds helping out the stupid humans, and space battles - ALOT of space battles. naked chicks would help too

In ancient times the Preds would have no problem taking down vikings i would say, it would be more like a slaughter than a hunt.

Most vikings where over weight and slow. None of them would have been in good enough condition to take on a Pred hand to hand.

You saw Dutch's size and the Predator towered over him in height and weight not to mention the fact Dutch was a elite special ops vet. He was trained to kill with and without weapons. Hand to hand with Predator he got his ass kicked.

Makes you realize that if a guy could match the Predators size and weight he would still be out classed in the speed and agility departments! :)

Still would make a great film :)

now that would be cool, the samurai could probably sense the predator coming like billy did in predator 1 i think there are loads more film opportunities than the aliens i think we have seen all there is to the aliens

Samurai Predator Vs Samurai Tom Cruise haha

They will probably remake Predator 1 for the third one in say another 10 years which is what they seem to be doing alot recently.

I would still watch that of course, with better special effects and higher budget it would be pretty good.

I think they'd struggle to get the cast right though.

As much as I HATE to admit it I have to agree with Blade Carbonics (shudder), they left us hanging at the end of AVP-R, they are gonna HAVE to tie it all up.

If they DID a Predator 3, Id like to see it set in the future as well (just cuz I like Tech), but I think its time the Hollywood *******' crank out a REALLY good story (havnt seen one in a while), one that delves into Predator culture ALOT more than just portraying them as the Ultimate hunter they are, I think I speak for everyone on The Lair when I say, "BRING ON THE HOMEWORLD!!!!!"

...Has anyone else ever read "Predator: Forever Midnight"??? now THATS a story...on a primordial jungle planet (a Predator game reserve which, due to its unique axis, has no night) we settle down for a nice strip mining operation & BAM new neighbors!!!! In this book the author shows us BOTH POVs, Human & Predator alike, he goes into the predator culture alot more, quite a bit of tech (including a brain washing machine that is designed to indocrinate us as slaves for the Preds, but that little experiment ends up blowing up in their Crab Faces...)on both sides & even a scene where the Preds are enraged by their Kill Gland. Maybe one day a TRUE fan will get the offer to write a Script for the next Predator movie (instead of a hollywood bureaucrat whos out to make a buck) & we will FINALLY see something close to the LVL of our beloved Original...

...if you havnt read the book...I HIGHLY recomend it, it just doesnt disapoint from begining to end

...just MY 2 cents...

Chris

Hmmm...

When you think about, Preds in the middle east would be pretty cool. Heat, conflict, all the elements are there. However, what with our current political possitions and all that probably wouldn't be the best idea. Man, being politically correct is a pain in the ass!

AVP 3 o_O

After the last one, I think another is due, that one just left me kinda hanging there on the edge B) . Anyways I think it would be cool for some elder predators to go hunting on the alien homeworld like 7 or 8 elders go hunting and they're surronded by aliens and kicking their asses at the same time :D .

Predator 3 would be too much same old unless they actually got a director with some creativity( good god is that really hard to get anymore ;) ) Just look at how pred 2 turned out, I watched it and it felt like predator 1 with the concept that the predator's killing humans than one(ugh Danny Glover) manages to kill it.

I have nothing against Danny but he isn't Arnold when it comes to predator movies.

In ancient times the Preds would have no problem taking down vikings i would say, it would be more like a slaughter than a hunt.

Most vikings where over weight and slow. None of them would have been in good enough condition to take on a Pred hand to hand.

You saw Dutch's size and the Predator towered over him in height and weight not to mention the fact Dutch was a elite special ops vet. He was trained to kill with and without weapons. Hand to hand with Predator he got his ass kicked.

Makes you realize that if a guy could match the Predators size and weight he would still be out classed in the speed and agility departments! B)

Still would make a great film ;)

Are you kiddin, a viking horde could pwn a predator easily. You get a ton of archers, and a bunch of spearmen and bam. have the strongest finish em off by slicin its head off. biggest trophy other than a frost giant or the midgard serpent!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd love to see a Pred taking on a hunt in war-torn Stalingrad 1941. With the Germans and Russians at each other's throats...snipers in every burned out building...and our man Pred taking out the elite on both sides.

Either that, or in Iwo Jima or Guadalcanal ,hunting GI's and Japs alike in the steamy Pacific jungles.

Either that, or in Iwo Jima or Guadalcanal ,hunting GI's and Japs alike in the steamy Pacific jungles.

Now I could go with this and have the abomb just be the pred:p America claimed it but really they reverse engineered it from there..... lol Thats the story tehy would use you know...

If they did do AVP3 I'd like to see the birth of 'mother'. We've had all the other references from the alien franchise-side, bishop, weyland, yutani, yadaya...

Or a nice twisty/not so twisty end where mother discovers LV 426 but there's no way to reach it...or something like that, I dunno

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back