Predator 3 Danny Glover interview

I liked him in P2, different approach to the steroid fueled approach of P1, out of interest, who would you have preffered for the role?

I liked him in P2, different approach to the steroid fueled approach of P1, out of interest, who would you have preffered for the role?

Dont get me wrong. I liked him in P2 as well. I just think the role kinda needed a few "steroids".

If I had to choose someone other than Danny to play the role, and I had my choice of anyone, I think that Jason Statham would have been a good fit. I like the way he carries himself in the Transporter films.

Just my $0.02. ;)

im looking forwardto P3 by robert rodriguez hopefully this time the preds will win =/ least could hope for that

I really liked DG in P2. He did a great job of playing off as a man who spent his whole life fighting uphill. Vs Arnold who spent his life being the best. The two were a good contrast to each other.

For P3, what details do we have? Who's playing the lead?

Jason Statham vs. Predator...
When they face the predator looks like twice as large... o_O
couse Jason is just 1,76 meters or something... :rolleyes:

That guy sucks, especially for a Predator film. Just the same old barely known (or unknown) actors story. At least Arnold was at the top when he made Predator, and had star power. Stratham doesn't have it, and would have to give a phenomenal performance to carry a Pred film. I don't think he has it in him. The Pred films need strong actors and a good story without the usual meaningless (or confusing) ******** that isn't thought out beforehand. Fox just can't seem to get all the ingredients for a strong film together. Strong actors, strong story, strong director, two hours long (at least), and good budget. It's like they want to keep the Predator films down out of the top 10 when they make them. If they're going to "reboot" the franchise, do it in a huge way and prove to the fans that they're serious about it. Get the franchise's heart started strong, don't just give it one jolt of electricity and give up! o_O

What I think a fox predator movie check list looks like(Own thought y know after the AVP movies)

1.Budget :Check
2.Time : Check
3.Actors:Check
4.Creature:check
5.Plot: where the hell did I put it

If I had to choose someone other than Danny to play the role, and I had my choice of anyone, I think that Jason Statham would have been a good fit. I like the way he carries himself in the Transporter films.
Course, back when P2 was released, Statham would have been 17...:rolleyes:

I think it'd be cool if Christian Bale could be persuaded to do yet another fandom movie. He'd probably be a little wary after T4 seems to have tanked a little though o_O I don't think a 2 hour length is a necessity at all though, P1 is barely over 90 minutes. Sure, we all like more Predator-y goodness, but I really feel like a lot of recent movies have had a lot of 'filler' to them. Like "Ooh, we gotta add a little romance or something! Write something up and we'll fit it in somewhere!".

I like Danny G in P2 I thought he did a good job. He is a talented actor and it was nice to see a basically normal everyday cop take on an intergalactic hunter.

You mean that "intergalactic hunter that is still a kid by their standards" right? lol

That was what made it for me. He was just a young unblooded hunter. He took the best we had and he's just a (7ft tall, 350 lbs) kid.

brings another thing to consider, Deepcrush : in reality, through the movies, all we've seen in action is Predator youngsters and "sportsmen" ~ here for the sport, they're possibly the equivalent of just being on vacation. Now, if these are just sportsmen, imagine what badasses the predator *military* is like...!

I think I brought something like that up in my thread about AVP-Extinction. The idea of "Military Grade" Predators is just nasty! I've read short stories before and even RP'd about what it could have been like. The whole dealing between the hunters vs warriors or at least IMO.

That guy sucks, especially for a Predator film. Just the same old barely known (or unknown) actors story. At least Arnold was at the top when he made Predator, and had star power. Stratham doesn't have it, and would have to give a phenomenal performance to carry a Pred film. I don't think he has it in him. The Pred films need strong actors and a good story without the usual meaningless (or confusing) ******** that isn't thought out beforehand. Fox just can't seem to get all the ingredients for a strong film together. Strong actors, strong story, strong director, two hours long (at least), and good budget. It's like they want to keep the Predator films down out of the top 10 when they make them. If they're going to "reboot" the franchise, do it in a huge way and prove to the fans that they're serious about it. Get the franchise's heart started strong, don't just give it one jolt of electricity and give up!

Are u high dude? Arnold was not at the top when he made Predator!!!! Far from it, infact he often credits that film as being one that projected him really into the limelight....it was really after films like Total Recall,Kindergarten Cop,Twins and eventually the big one T2 that Arnold was official Hollywood Royalty..

And your on about Jason Statham having to give a phenonmenal Performance to carry a Pred film...must be your drugs again...are u kidding dude? seriously... Carry a Pred film..this is B movie/shock horror sci-fi we are talking about..not fuckin Shawshank...my god u make it sound like Statham is gonna have to be oscar material to carry a franchise that consistantly fails to turn heads in the higher eschelons of hollywood elite, its a popcorn on a saturday night franchise...ok to us here on the lair its more than that, but to the majority and the masses thats all it is...

In fact i think Jason Statham would avoid a Predator Movie like the plague..but thats just me...

No serious actors are ever gonna take on the beast we all love, unless they drive a dump truck of money up to their house...
I think its time to face facts...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back