Predator 2 Tutorial .

Xterminatus

Hi Everyone.

Some of you asked me for a tutorial of how i painted my P2s ,, so here goes :p

First you need a good Airbrush i use a Iwata Hp-Ch 2.0.
You will need some good brushes i use Da Vinchi ize 1 for spot work and 00000 for the vein work.

I use mostly colors from Golden for the skinn and i use FW inks for the mouth areas.

As this head is a Resin head i use a automotive grey primer that can be bought at most stores.

After that i paint the whole head Titanium White.
I then start to paint the pattern on the predators forehead and all the spotwork with a size 1 paint brush.
Using Carbon Black.

After this i usually Airbrush the whole head Naples Yellow hue.
Covering everything including the spots and pattern only leaving white where i want it to be a very light color
just close to the triangular shapes in the middle of his head.

When all this is done you will notice that the pattern has turned very dull as the yellow covers the black outlinings.
I then slovly start building upp first the colorations using first Burnt Sienna for the lighter parts and then i slowly blend it down to burnt umber light going all the way
down to carbon black in the deepest resesses.

I then paint the pattern on the forehead using Red oxide leaving a tad yellow towards the middle.
This is the same color that i use on the triangular potrutions that surrounds the forehead.

When you are satisfied with the result i go over the patterns once again with carbon black.
And finally i Airbrush over the pattern and all the spots using Burnt umber Light to softly dull the powerfull black outlining.

After this is done i seal the paint with Tamiya flat laquer.

4647930393_d057b17936_b.jpg

Next i move on to the crown.

As i coverd the whole head with naples yellow hue i use this as a base to build from.
I first start highlighting the areas that i want to be in a lighter color blending out naples yellow hue with Titan buff.

Then i start all over using the same method as before slowly building upp a pattern on the crown using first
Burnt Sienna for the lighter parts and then i slowly blend it down to burnt umber light going all the way
out to carbon black.

When im satisfied with the result i seal the paint with Tamiya flat laquer.

4648545636_6b1d6c1eae_b.jpg

I then start applying the spot work using a paint brush size 1 and after im done i dull the spots with burnt umber light using my airbrush.

4648545942_0b5151e417_b.jpg

I then start painting the eyebrow patterns,, if you find it difficult to use a airbrush for this then use a painttbrush
with waterd down paint and carefully outline the prefered pattern before going over it with your air brush.

Then i start all over using the same method as before slowly building upp a pattern on the eyebrows using first
Burnt Sienna for the lighter parts and then i slowly blend it down to burnt umber light going all the way
out to carbon black.

4647931453_3c08764d09_b.jpg

The same method is applyed for the upper fangs and cheek bone area as for the eyebrows.

4648546996_f2e66b25f5_b.jpg

Part 2.

The same method is also applyed for thefor the cheeks :p

4648547340_16d0faf1bf_b.jpg

Your head shold now be all done exept for the mouth area and the eyes.

Moving on to the mouth area.

I start with the usual naples yellow hue base coat.

i then start building upp the shadowy areas in the mouth using FW inks Magenta and purple inks.

Remember to seal your work when satisfied

4647932959_5286ddf94e_b.jpg

The veins is done with FW purple and magenta inks as well using a 00000 paint brush.
Remember to seal your work when satisfied

5683870821_13071a752d_b.jpg

When you are done with the veining you will notice that the mouth area is very colorfull so i always use to dull it down
misting the mouth with Naples yelow hue.

5684439284_38f786122d_b.jpg

i always use to paint the eyes green but thats really a matter of taste .

i paint the teeth in brown shades also .

After everything is painted i seal whe whole head using Tamiaya clear glos coat .
To achive the gloss thick coat over the eyes / teeth and mouth i use 2 part epoxy glue and cover the whole area in it :lol:

5683871669_1bc633c5d2_b.jpg

Now please remember that this is a resin head and not a latex one .

The paint used on this head will not i repeat not strech so it cant be used on a mask if you want to wear it .

Also this is only one way to do it ,, im sure there is as many diffrent methods out there as there are artists.

I used the same colors on my latex heads but i sealed them of using createx gloss coat and i did not use a automotive primer on them.
I never used any proside or stuff like that on the latex heads but thats cus all my heads are fully foam filled and will not be worn.

Good luck and best wishes

Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Thank you so much,that is an awesome tutorial.And once again,awesome paint-job on both of the P2 heads.

Thanks again, Daren

Kudos for such a well done tutorial! The paint you use is perfect and how you apply it just amazes me. Great step by step walkthrough - thank you !!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back