Predator 2 Head and Torso armor display

detale78

This is a project I have been wanting to work on for a very long time. As some may know I already have a Bob Bagy Predator 2 mask which I foam filled and display as a bust. Well I decided to make an even better display and add the torso armor as part of the display. The Torso armor was sculpted by Casey. I still need to get the armor painted and I'm hoping to get Art to paint it up for me in the new year since I love his work on his Predator 2 bio helmet. The armor is made from foam latex and comes in 5 pieces and is not yet assembled. I made a duct tape dummy of my upper torso and foam filled it to hold the armor on but this will be modified to fit the armor better. Still a work in progress but thought I'd share if any one is interested. Thanks for looking and any suggestions and criticisms are welcomed and appreciated

100_2190.jpg.gif

100_2191.jpg.gif

100_2193.jpg.gif

100_2190.jpg.gif

100_2191.jpg.gif

100_2193.jpg.gif

The P2 mask is awesome. I have a project on the list to do, almost identical to yours. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

awesome BB P2 !!! very good idea with the armor....lets see if you can stop there. I would do something like this and then it would be.....ok now he needs arms......that looks great but now he reallly could use.....and so on and so on! lol!!! Maybe you'll end up with a whole P2 by the time your done... :rolleyes: looks great so far !

Looks good David, I didn't sculpt the armor though just casted it. Daniel Bravo sculpted it, but I now own the molds. You need a canon on that thing!

awesome, i was gona do something similar but i didnt know what to do for the torso, looked a half mannequins etc but now i mite do a ductape torso. how have u got the head to stay on the torso... have you continued it and made a ductape head also???

Very nice, who did the paint up of the armor? I love the weathering on it!! Looking forward to seeing this completed!

I wound up painting the armor myself. Studied lots of photos for reference. I started out by mixing gloss black air brush paint with pro's aide for the base coat. I then spray painted the armor gold and covered that with a layer of pro's aide. Next I added weathering effects using Tamiya Smoke dry brushing, motting with liquitex bronze, and the oxidation mixing white, turquoise, and green airbrush paints. Followed that up by another layer of pro's aide. Next I I dry brushed white and interference gold to continue the weathering. Lastly I coated the entire piece with Permawet. I used plastidip clear spray to eliminate the high gloss finish from the Permawet. I wanted the armor to look very worn and weathered. This was was first attempt at ever painting up a foam latex piece.

Very nice job dude! In the future, you can make permawet look flat by adding a few drops of water to it. It will work the same just look less shiney.

Most impressive paint up on the armor! I'm planning on doing a P2 suit soon so if I can even half duplicate the paint up I'll be happy

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back