Predator 2 Bio Helmet HCG

Doyouwantacandy

Hi there,

Im about to buy a Predator 2 Bio Helmet ( by HCG ), but Im not sure if this is a good deal.

The seller has decreased selling price from aprox USD 250 to USD 150 ( EUR 200 to EUR 100 ) , which seems a good deal, but :

1. Is this better than a Sideshow prop ?
2. May it be a fake? seen many of them on ebay from Hong Kong for instance...

Let me have your opinion abt this mask, is it really as good as I think ?

Cheers
Nic

97848119902.jpg

If it's indeed a HCG P2 for 150 it's a steal!
now I can not tell if its an original or not by the stock photo you posted.
Also Sideshow hasn't come out with a P2 so theres no comparison.
Although if what you are referring it's to casting quality and over all quality control I say yes they have the same standars.
I own this piece and The only cons I se on it are the following:
1: the weatering it;s not like the pic(at least mine) it's very heavy weathered and it's almost dark brown in color(mone )
2:the detail by the laser hosing it's very bad. also it's messing a piece of the conector hoses at the bottom of the right cheek.

But at again ..at the price of 150dls it;s a steal.
teh only great looking P2 helmets are here on the lair.Biohunter and Hez make the best P2 bios out there ,no boubt about it.

Also remeber that some of the ones from hong kong aren't fakes but are bios thta have been "taken" ( to put it in anice way lol)from the production line before they get numbered and are sold on ebay.
you can see such examples with the wolf bio and the P1 skull.they willsell it to you unnumbered and with all of the foam inserts and packaging. except the ilustraded box.

Good luck on your deal o_O
Lem

Thanks for your prompt answer Lem.

I do think the same, I' ve not seen any P2 bio for less than 300 EUR...which is far too much for my pocket right now.

The seller says he has the box and the limited edition number, which makes me think it's an original HCG piece, at a good price. I think Im gonna make the deal..

As regards of your clear explanation, what do you mean with the weathered issue, is this a default issue to all P2 Bios or did you notice when seeing my pic in particular ?

Very interesting what you mention abt the pieces that come from HK, didn't know these were "real" products which don't reach quality standards for some reason or another.

Cheers
Nic

well most of the P2 bios from HCG that I have seen(only 3 mind you)
have the same exact heavy weathering to them.mine had very little green patina in comparison to the other 2 I've seen in person. I stripped mine of that weathering and I'm planing on repainting mine.
And no ,I don't think the weathering it's a default issue .just standar production line paint app.
If he has the box that's awesome. the base it's the item that has the limited edtion number printed at the bottom. the helmett has no markings at all of any kind to thell what number they are in the run. it's the base only.
As for the hong kong auctions. I frined of mine bought a heavily weathered P1 skull from ebay and it came with the evrything that my original sideshow came with. except the outer shipping box had no printing on it. the inner shipping box had no ilustation printed on it.juts a shinny balck box and the inside inserts (the styrofoam) was identical to mine and it looked professionally cut.So I'm to assume that this items are being stolen or "falling of the truck " as they say here.
I have considered buying a wolf from them but I'mjust going to save the cash and go with casey,since he's here in the states .the waiting would be less and the chances of being damaged during shipping are dimisihed also.

good luck and I hope you get your bio bud o_O

That's right, the number should be underneath on the base. The guy wants to post it directly, but he lives 100 miles away from my place and I think it would be a good idea to see it before - though since I've never seen one before I won't really know if it's good or not, but the limited ed number and the box should be enough to make a decision - .

I want a truck of those and pull a few of the boxes down ! will let you know if I find one lol

i'm the bargain man, you know I bough last year a Sideshow limited edition bust, DVD collectors edition ( 6 DVDs - P1,P2, AVP, AVP2 and extras ) for just 90 EUR ( slightly over 100 dollars ). A guy here in Barcelona needed cash and I grabbed the bust, which was absolutely new ( the DVDs which are hidden at the back were even unopened ! ) . I' ve got my certificate framed and proudly standing on my showcase o_O)

Will keep you posted abt how things turn out, thanks again for your unvaluable help

gracias !!
here are 2 pics of my HCG and as you can see it come's pretty close to the stock picture but it depends from bio to bio.if you can get pictures from the actual bio you can see if you got a good one or a lesser one.the price is very cheap,here in europe you pay at least 250 euros.mine was around 200.buy it,i would say o_O

DSC05890.JPG

DSC05888.JPG

here are 2 pics of my HCG and as you can see it come's pretty close to the stock picture but it depends from bio to bio.if you can get pictures from the actual bio you can see if you got a good one or a lesser one.the price is very cheap,here in europe you pay at least 250 euros.mine was around 200.buy it,i would say o_O
Nice looking bio Khan!
Mine didn't have that much green patina but it had a lot of (what I think it was ) brown waxand just a hint of the green patina. I guess I got a not so great one LOL.

Nice looking bio Khan!
Mine didn't have that much green patina but it had a lot of (what I think it was ) brown waxand just a hint of the green patina. I guess I got a not so great one LOL.
i was lucky to be able to buy it at a friends store and not trough a website.if you can take it in the hand and look at it close up it's easier to see if it's good or not.but when i see what people here can do with a brush and some paint i am sure you can make it look awesome,good luck with that :p

Hi Khan,
Thanks for the pics, looks awesome with the laser on.

Yes I think it's very cheap too but you know how hard crisis is hitting here, people jjust get rid of things for the money..

I will probably go and buy it on sunday, I will have a look at it and check how shape is. With the box ( would you have a pic of the box ?? ) and limited ed number I think it can't be a fake.

cheers
nic

Hi Khan,
Thanks for the pics, looks awesome with the laser on.

Yes I think it's very cheap too but you know how hard crisis is hitting here, people jjust get rid of things for the money..

I will probably go and buy it on sunday, I will have a look at it and check how shape is. With the box ( would you have a pic of the box ?? ) and limited ed number I think it can't be a fake.

cheers
nic
these are some pics of the box(back,front and number)

DSC05937.JPG

DSC05936.JPG

DSC05938.JPG

thanks mate !
I' ve already ordered the item, so hopefully I'll be receiving it by next week.
let's cross fingers !

I'll post a few pics of it + my other stuff to share them with you all

cheers!

Hi folks,

Just to let you know I bought my bio helmet, and I got it on 27th of feb....my surprise when I opened the box, and the base was cracked into 2 pieces. I presumed it had broken on the way, but analysing it I realized it had been glued previously, which annoyed me.
I' ve been 2 weeks figthing with the seller to get my money back, he told me the item was new / mib and with no marks, which was obviously not true. I think even he didn't realise when he bought it from the shop a few months ago..
In the end, he acceeded to refund the money, so I' ve just packed it up and tomorrow will be sent back.
:)
As we say in Spain : "my gozo en un pozo"
So, I' ll watch out for my next buy, hopefully with a better end than this one!

Cheers

Hi folks,

Just to let you know I bought my bio helmet, and I got it on 27th of feb....my surprise when I opened the box, and the base was cracked into 2 pieces. I presumed it had broken on the way, but analysing it I realized it had been glued previously, which annoyed me.
I' ve been 2 weeks figthing with the seller to get my money back, he told me the item was new / mib and with no marks, which was obviously not true. I think even he didn't realise when he bought it from the shop a few months ago..
In the end, he acceeded to refund the money, so I' ve just packed it up and tomorrow will be sent back.

As we say in Spain : "my gozo en un pozo"
So, I' ll watch out for my next buy, hopefully with a better end than this one!

Cheers
sorry that it whent wrong,some you win,some you lose :) i hope your next one will end better

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back