Predator 2 bio from HCG arrived..:-)

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys..my Predator 2 bio arrived last week.So I wanna show it here in the lair..on the first pic is the original stuntprop on the right and the HCG on the left.

p2comparsionb.jpg.png

dscn1438.jpg.png

The stand is very heavy,like the sideshowmasks.The only thing I´ve done is to polish it a little bit for the pics..out of the box,its a little bit matt from too green over it.

under light in the evening it looks more gold/grey:

brown3.jpg.png

p2comparsionb.jpg.png

dscn1438.jpg.png

brown3.jpg.png

Looks awesome. I do prefer the more overall bronze color though.
Thats my thought though, Neither the less its looks awesome.
How much did you get it for?

Already commented over on SF but once again it looks great dude, much better than sideshows efforts (or lack of even!) here's to hoping they do a nice shiney hero version soon

Already commented over on SF but once again it looks great dude, much better than sideshows efforts (or lack of even!) here's to hoping they do a nice shiney hero version soon
If I'm remembering rightly, the original hero was stolen and never recovered. Chances of seeing it as a replica - :eek:

The finish looks a little too matte compared to the original, but overall I suppose it's not too bad. At least they put some effort in with the lenses. Seriously, if Sideshow had simply put the effort in on this one point then people wouldn't be bashing them quite so hard. The Chopper I saw in person recently actually looked quite good, but I was so distracted by the awful expanse of dull grey paint where a shiny reflective lense should be that it just ruined the whole thing.

Looks awesome. I do prefer the more overall bronze color though.
Thats my thought though, Neither the less its looks awesome.
How much did you get it for?

The Bronzemask was the hero..but it was stolen years ago with a lot of other moviepros from Predator 2.
I like it so much,too...but its lost forever.:-(
So the stuntversion is the only screenused mask that has surived the years.
From this point HCG made a good job,because a stunt in shiny bronze is not accurate.
I payed 290 Euro for it here in germany..the same price like a sideshowmasks.
I think in the usa its a little bit cheaper.

@Okami-Skullcrusher:No problem..the inside is like the sideshows..a magnet and nothing else.
I post the pic later.

Yeah can you post pictures of the inside of the bio. I would live to see what they have dont to the inside.

If I'm remembering rightly, the original hero was stolen and never recovered. Chances of seeing it as a replica - :cry:

Indeed, along with alot of P2 props i believe. In this case however i wouldn't mind seeing a little creative license using the stunt as a base and adding the brow etc and the original paint as close as possible. It wouldn't be technically screen accurate of course but then as we found out while SS were digging themselves a huge hole defending the lenses on their bio's.... there's arent screen used either! They say they created them exactly as provided, well unless the actors can see through solid material then......

Anyway, the Cinemaquette pred for example isn't strictly accurate but all i know is i want one... badly!!! so i wouldn't argue too much if HCG decided to release a hero P2 without having access to the original. Only change i would like to see is a base with a different paint app to the mask.

looks pretty good nice display piece wish the bronze portions that are not petina painted poped more seems they went with a really dark earthy bronze paint

Hey I can always repaint it for YA :cry: If you ever seen my paint jobs on my P2 bios

Hey I can always repaint it for YA :) If you ever seen my paint jobs on my P2 bios

thanks..i know your paintjobs...awesome work...but i think for the stuntmask this look is ok.i think your P2 mask paintjob looks more like the hero right?ido you wanna make a displaystand for your masks in the future,too?

i am interested at a complete predator costume,too...predator 2,wolf or the celtic are my favorite designs.but i think i am to small for a predatorsuit...only 180cm..but i am bodybuilder with over 110kg..i am a beginner with predprops..have only the ss wolfmask and the hcg P2 mask.hope i can become some tips from the predpropexperts here in the lair. :cry:

Take it from me.... you chose very wisely :cry:

thanks..hope that was the right choise,too.

i like the ss celtic,too...but the solid lenses...why did they made that??the wolflenses and finish looks so great..this mask was a good start for ss.

if somebody selling a great predator 1 mask,i would paint it myself..because i like P1,too.sorry for my bad english..i am from germany..old schoolenglisch..:)

@perdanax: I think its metall like the sideshowmasks..its very heavy.

@Predator_addict:The paintjob is good for a stuntmask.You can see the Original at my first pics.
The extreme copper/golden look was for the heromask,that was stolen years ago.If you paint a stunt in herocolors,its not screenaccurate..the hero has other details in the sculpt,that the stunt not has(other brow(in the middle),otherdetails at the sites and all over the mask).

About arts paintjob:I hope you missunderstand me..his work is absolute outstanding.The best P2-paintjob I´ve ever seen..but his mask has not the herodetails..on the pics,that I´ve seen.So I think its not 100% screenaccurate.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back