Predator 2 bio custom paint-up (pic heavy)

MotoGuy75

Hello fellow Hunters and Huntresses,

If you read my recent topic on the Big Red Bio, I stated that I would be posting pics of my next air brush project,a Predator 2 Bio Helmet.Well since I like to keep my promises here they are ,pics of the progress thus far.I do have a request however.As you will see,this paint-up is inspired by a Wolf Bio on the lair with a rust effect applied,I would like your opinion on how mine looks,for the helmet is not yet finished.

Thank You and hope ya like the pics,Daren

started with this

P2RAWCASTSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2RAWCASTFRONTVIEW.jpg

after trimming out the eyes and excess

P2RAWCASTTRIMEDFRONTVIEW.jpg

P2RAWCASTTRIMEDSIDEVIEW1.jpg

after 3 coats of createx opaque black

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKSIDEVIEW1.jpg

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKFRONTVIEW.jpg

after 2 coats createx transparent medium grey

PSCASTW2COATSTRANSPARENTMEDGREY.jpg

after 2 coats of createx transparent silver pearl

P2CASTSIDEVIEW1W2COATSSILVER.jpg

after a light dusting of black,silver and grey

P2CASTFRONTVIEWAFTERLIGHTDUSTINGOFB.jpg

black weathering applied to crevices

P2CASTWITHBLACKWEATHERINGAPPLIED.jpg

Rust effect applied

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDSIDEVIEW1.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDFRONTVIEW.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDTOPVIEW.jpg

More to come.........

P2RAWCASTSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2RAWCASTFRONTVIEW.jpg

P2RAWCASTTRIMEDFRONTVIEW.jpg

P2RAWCASTTRIMEDSIDEVIEW1.jpg

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKSIDEVIEW1.jpg

P2CASTW3COATSOPAQUEBLACKFRONTVIEW.jpg

PSCASTW2COATSTRANSPARENTMEDGREY.jpg

P2CASTSIDEVIEW1W2COATSSILVER.jpg

P2CASTFRONTVIEWAFTERLIGHTDUSTINGOFB.jpg

P2CASTWITHBLACKWEATHERINGAPPLIED.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDSIDEVIEW1.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDSIDEVIEW2.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDFRONTVIEW.jpg

P2CASTWRUSTEFFECTAPPLIEDTOPVIEW.jpg

quick suggestion. The rust is looking too much like an airbrush job. I can understand the black ..making it look like charred smoke or blaster marks, but rust is an organic thing. this is where a sponge may come in handy ..or you can do what I do...put your rust colored ink or paint into a spray bottle...from a good distance, hit the bio with a light dusting. it will look more as if the rust is coming from the elements.

Hello ptgreek,

Thanks for the advice,would you recommend painting over the existing rust with grey and silver or just touch-up those spots with a spong?

Thanks again Daren

Hello,

Honestly I don't know.All I can say is I bought it from Monsters in Motion about oh 10 years ago,and just now starting work on it.Any words about the paint job?

Thanks Daren

i have to agree with George(PTGREEK).. the rust looks to fake.. for me i used sponging to get the effect.. personaly i would try giving it a quick once over with a darker silver aswell to give it a more used look.. just looks a bit shiny for a bio thats supposed to be weathered...

nice job tho

Hello fellow fans,

As per the advice of a couple members I went ahead and tried applying the rust effect using a sponge.I attached a couple close-up pics.Let me know what ya guys think.

Thank you ,Daren

rusteffectwithspong1.jpg

rusteffect3.jpg

rusteffect2.jpg

rusteffectwithspong1.jpg

rusteffect3.jpg

rusteffect2.jpg

that looks better. just do a quick image search for rust you will see how there are varying degrees of color in the amount that has oxidized

Looking better... Hit the sponge with some silver, then blot it almost dry on some paper.. Then hit the edges of the rust. Try the same with the rust colors... Hitting those bumps in the casting... Then maybe a little green patina around those rust spots. You are on your way!

Cool,thank you so much guys.I was gonna totally trash this whole rust idea if this didn't work out and go with a claw style paint-up instead.But I will stick with the rust set-up.I do think I am gonna hit the whole helmet with a dark grey first.

Thanks again Daren

Hello fellow fans,

Well here it goes,I decided to scrap the rust effect look and go with a Alien's Vs predator Claw Predator Bio inspired P2 helmet.I attached a few pics.Please let me know what ya Think.A little bit of info about the paint scheme.The red claw effect is a mixture of free hand and stencils.The rest of the bio is just a little dark grey here,little black there ect.

Enjoy,Daren

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIORS.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOLS.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOFRONT.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIORS.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOLS.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOFRONT.jpg

YA ..I dig this way more then what you were going for on the rust design. I like it.

the thing about the aging and rusting, is that you sort of have to go "all or nothing" ..I mean if you are going to weather it that way, then it has to be really weathered.

I like your new design..it really works

Whew,thanks guys that is what I was hoping for.Yea,I to like this new look.This way it is a new take on a new design.By new take I mean the bio helmet being used.Think I will clear coat it tomorrow morning.Then all I will have left to do is to ad the eye lens and add the air hose hardware.

Thanks again,Daren

Hey Fellow Fans,

Here it is all finished.The final pics of the Alien vs Predator Claw inspired P2 Bio helmet.If anyone is wondering about the eye lens,it is made from a piece of 1/16" black plastic, wrapped with 1/16" wire mesh,and heated to form fit.Once again all paint used is createx air brush paint,and shot using a Paache VL double action air brush.Hope ya guys enjoy the pics,please feel free to comment on this project.I am happy to say i now have completed 2 air brush projects.I think I am addicted.

Front view

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOFRONTVIEWFINISHED.jpg

Left side view

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOLSVIEWFINISHED.jpg

Right side view

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIORSVIEWFINISHED.jpg

Enjoy the pics,Daren

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOFRONTVIEWFINISHED.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIOLSVIEWFINISHED.jpg

P2CLAWINSPIREDBIORSVIEWFINISHED.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back