PREDATOR 2.0

Ok paint update! Sorry to throw this in during dread making but i wanted to show what other paint options there are. I had a special request for a darker paintup and a more solid color near the outside so here it is. How do you feel about this paintup?

100_1461.jpg

100_1462.jpg

100_1465.jpg

This is unbelievable.....I saw this and had to register and make a comment on your work.Its outstanding. You are eat up with talent my friend.I love the step by step process you shared of making it.Keep up the great work.

bump updates

Sorry, i just got my order of latex in so i have resumed casting latex in the molds. The polyfoam infill is hopefully ariving today so i can start foam filling heads again, and the silicon for the dreads is supposed to be here wednesday. I will post updates as i recive my supplies. My friends and I are starting filming on a super low budget zombie movie in the colorado springs area if anyone wants to come be a part of it. I will post updates on that too in another thread eventualy.

Sorry, i just got my order of latex in so i have resumed casting latex in the molds. The polyfoam infill is hopefully ariving today so i can start foam filling heads again, and the silicon for the dreads is supposed to be here wednesday. I will post updates as i recive my supplies. My friends and I are starting filming on a super low budget zombie movie in the colorado springs area if anyone wants to come be a part of it. I will post updates on that too in another thread eventualy.

heh that might be fun. but i am gonna be busy the next couple of weeks. otherwise id love to show up.

make sure you post up some behind the scenes pics!

Ok, i built the box that i will mold the dreads in. It is all 3/4 inch melemine (or however you spell that) and sealed with hot glue to make sure the silicone cant leak anywhere. I scrapped the smallest one because i realized it was a waste of precious silicon because i can just fill the tip of one of the others and that will work just the same... I need to build up WED clay all around the dreads but it looks like the silicon pour planned for today will have to be pushed back a day. I have heavy monsoon rains coming in today and the temperature suddenly dropped and silicon doesent like cold or moisture. SOOO maybe tommarow i will pour the first side of the mold, weather permitting. The silicon is a mold max 40 from smooth on and the form i made will also be the mother mold when its done. More soon! Damn colorado weather... :D

100_1533.jpg

First side has been poured! As you can see here, i filled in around the dreads with waterbased clay up to the halfway point and then cut little scoop keys into that to lock the two pieces together. After a good coating of clear sealer it was ready to pour!
100_1553.jpg

And then comes the mint green silicon. I dont have a vaccum-degasser like most of us, so to help limit the bubbles i poured the silicon from up high so it squeezes down to just a thread and pops any bubbles. Once its in the mold you can LIGHTLY bang your hand on the table and it will further dislodge any airbubbles and as they float to the surface you can blow on them and they will pop. I am in the process of popping the bubbles in this pic.
100_1554.jpg

And finaly today it has set up. All the bubbles are gone, and shes smooth and clean. Gotta carfuly flip it over and get it ready to make another side.
100_1556.jpg

hey corey i thought silicone cured with water. or is it only the caulking that cures with water? when i did the silicone caulking tube method, i had a tip to mist it with water, to help it cure faster. mold looks great man, i love molding pics

hey corey i thought silicone cured with water. or is it only the caulking that cures with water? when i did the silicone caulking tube method, i had a tip to mist it with water, to help it cure faster. mold looks great man, i love molding pics

Its a chemical reaction in the 2 part silicons like this i beleve. (tin cure) This is smooth-on's mold max 40 a semi ridgid pourable casting rubber. I havent tryed the caulk method but i am curious to try new things.

Hey Termokk, thumbs up for this, it looks great !
Thank you for posting this thread, those pics were the excact thing to answer mz question on molding a face. Thank you again sir.

Here are two paintups i did recentaly. The P1 is a mask for me and i will post pictures of me wearing it once the permawet is dry. The other mask is a combination P1/P2 using the P2 colors and the P1 design. Let me know what you think.

100_1571.jpg

100_1573.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1578.jpg

This is for you TeRRoR! I got a little break in the rain so i walked outside to get a snapshot of me wearing it. :p I am 6'2" 200lbs so that gives you an idea how it will fit. It adds 3-4 inches to your height in the top of the head.

100_1582.jpg

God those are some awesome looking Heads man. The detail is just... sick, there are some really talented people on this Lair, I'm learning alot & can't wait to start my suit soon.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back