Predator 1 Sculpture.

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
This has been sitting on my bench wrapped up in bags for 6 months.

The idea was to make a P1 inspired BOAR Pred Head for my costume.

There will some subtle changes in the same taste as the elder from Predator 2.

Largely will be a P1 head but with a few subtle changes to make it a Boar.

939a6052.jpg

67879e03.jpg

9ae22531.jpg

3320c2d1.jpg

4bff63ba.jpg

b367af0e.jpg

Gigity gigity Gene!
so have you decided about the materials? will you be offering them just in altex or resin also?
fingers crossed you make both!
it's loooking great!

Damn Gene,you have become one sculpting machine.....the torso came out sick and this is taking shape...killer work man

The workshop...
da93c0d9.jpg

7d3119ad.jpg

946072d8.jpg

122b7b3b.jpg

8a1aef83.jpg

1050ae3f.jpg

396d775d.jpg

Pictures are of the sculpt in various stages of development. I have been battling with this thing trying to find that Special "Something". Haven't nailed it down yet, Darth Pinhead(Brad) has been helping me, bouncing ideas back and forth.

My main problem is finding a defineable feature that will make this head stand out. In the same spirit as the Elder in P2. A slight variation of the design done in good taste in keeping with the realistic look.

I bounced the idea around of exposed bone portions on the chin/jaw or dome... experimented with it on the clay and it didn't quite Jive.

I had idea another to alter the Tusks slightly to resemble a Boar in some fashion. That just didn't work either.

I have decided it may just come to me randomly. For now I am trying to get the correct dimensions of the face.

Looking great, Gene. My only comment is, if you have calipers or a tape, check the symmetry of the mandibles, again. It still looks like his upper left one could come in a smidge and his bottom left could possibly go out a smidge as well. Keep going brother, something will come to you!

looking good Gene-o. i dont know about the symmetry. i think it's fine. all organics are not totally symmetrical. most every ones face is asymmetrical.
love the bottom mandible curve you got going there.

super awesome Gene, not sure if its because you say its BOAR based or not, but i just get a BOAR sorta feel from it.

The Chatroom Crew has been helping me decide on design changes to this head.

I am anxiously awaiting Sketchwork from Rob, which will most likely drastically change what I have done so far.

Here are pictures which I took while I had the Quills and Dreds Mocked up. To give me and the guys a good idea of how it would look finished.

Right off the bat I am thinking I need to cut back on quills by about 25%. Looks like a porcupine. The overall look of this I want to be very grisly and "Boar-ish".

A Wild Boar is not a Nice creature, I am trying to bring that across with this sculpture.

732f1fae.jpg

1281f5e8.jpg

12af10a4.jpg

e66ff77b.jpg

8f255e6e.jpg

ba7e4c59.jpg

5ff75823.jpg

e71559bd.jpg

559d89ba.jpg

df4ac489.jpg

There is something not Jive-ing with me and the Lower mandible jaw. It doesnt look right and I am not sure why?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back