Interest Predator 1 Helmet & Base Interest Thread by Original Designer & Sculptor!

propsculptor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
PREDATOR ADVERTISEMENT FLAT.jpg
I've Created this Thread to see if there's enough interest to Create & offer To Customers a Complete set of "Predator 1 Helmet & Base" (Including L.E.D Lasers, and a Custom Plaque)... since a few Fans have been asking if I would offer them...
Years ago (When I was Young :) ) While working for "Icons Authentic Replicas" as their Main Sculptor, I was given the Chance to redesign the Base which the Predator 1 Helmet would be mounted on, here are a couple of Photos of my original Sculpt, I'll add more photos as I find them (If anyone is interested in seeing them...)
Attached are also Photos of my own Personal Predator Helmet I worked on for display (while it's still in the early Stages, you get the idea of how detailed a Paint-job I'm doing)... The Base needs a bit of Gold & Copper accents before its completed but it's been on hold wile other projects were priority...
One of my Customers suggested I offer a Custom Plaque that could be Signed as an Artist original so I'm Posting the Design Render to give you an idea of what I have in mind...

Price based on the minumum number (10) of Buyers for this run of the Helmet with Bases...

I will Not be offering Unpainted Kits, this is only for Painted Display Replica Helmets & will be a limited run...

This would be a Predator 1 Helmet 2nd Generation (Or 3rd depending on how you look at it)
- Helmet Painted to more accurately match the Screen used Helmet
- L.E.D. Laser Included
- Custom Plaque from the original Artist & designer of the Base
-Certificate of Authenticity

20190527_161728.jpg 20190527_161925.jpg

20190527_145033.jpg 20190527_145151.jpg 20190527_145009.jpg

20190527_170448.jpg 20190527_170521.jpg 20190527_170619.jpg

Plaque ART Flat.jpg

For a finished example of an Etched Plaque check out my other thread...

PRICE: (Shipping is NOT Included!)

$1,280.00

Post here if you would like to be added to the Interest list! Just say "ADD ME"...)
(I'll update this as it progresses)
(This is Just an interest List & you are Not committed officially until a Deposit has been received...)

Interest List:
(1) Glendon Taylor (Complete: Fully Painted)
(2) GeneralFROSTY (unpainted)
(3) nick daring (unpainted)
(4) mugatu
(5) Blind Voyeur (unpainted)
(6) maxhebus (unpainted)
(7) CrankyScorpion
(8) rowdecowby (complete)
(9)
(10)

Last edited:
The best Predator helmet made by the original sculptor? Interested! :)
Certificate of Authenticity, that is a good idea.

I think he means that he is the original sculptor of the base that ICONS was going to use for their replica helmet. Not that he's the original sculptor of the helmet itself.

I can add Mesh to the Visor, the original Icons Visor was just a few Layers of Reflective Window Tint Glued into Place..

If everyone wants a "Certificate of Authenticity", I can easily do that too...

I'm working on making this Predator Helmet as accurate as Possible... Years ago when I restored the original, we were given very Little Reference to use, Now there's much more info as well as Blu-Ray HD (Back then it was VHS!)

ROCKBOTTOM: Correct... I was given a Casting from the Original Molds to restore..., I did Sculpt the Tri-Laser as well as the Ribbed Side Temple Piece which the Hoses in the Film attach to... THEN Designed & Sculpted the Base...

In regards to the Final Cost, there are a Number of Factors Involved... (I'm NOT Ignoring the Requests!)

(1) The Helmet & Base have to be Remolded (Not Cheap!)
(2) The Electronics for the L.E.D. Lasers need to be Assembled.
(3) Stencils for the Battle Damage need to be Created.
(4) The Plaque Etchings have to be Created, Numbered & Stamped...
(5) The "Certificate of Authenticity" has to be Designed & Printed out then Stamped with the Matching Numbers to the Plaque.
(6) The Materials (Fiberglass, Primer, Paints, Etc) need to be Priced and Bought in Bulk...
(7) & MORE Buyers Brings Down the Final Cost!

Real Size?... this is a Second Generation Casting so it's as real as you will find next to a casting from the original Studio molds!
Everything else out there is a number of generations of castings, made from a casting, made from a casting, made from a casting...
This is clean, accurate, & Not Warped as many others out there can be... (as well as No Shrinkage which happens from numerous Generations of castings...)
I would be interested by the Helmet alone too. As long as it's the real size version and pending price. :)

Thanks for the size confirmation. I did not mean disrespect. ;)
I've seen so many versions, scale differences and so warped.... :D
So amazing you're considering doing a batch of this beast. If paint job matching movie, that will be an amazing peace.

No offense taken... I just thought you were referring to the Warpage & Shrinking that can occur when remolding something like this...
Thanks for the size confirmation. I did not mean disrespect. ;)
I've seen so many versions, scale differences and so warped.... :D
So amazing you're considering doing a batch of this beast. If paint job matching movie, that will be an amazing peace.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back