Pred too hot!

Mardikrewe

Hello!

Before I start I have looked quite well for a tutorial on a cooling system and or fan system layout for one so you don't cook your brain but can't seem to find any reference. Cooked already? LOL.

3 fans installed currently. 1 near each mandelvil and 1 in the top of the head where I cut out a bit of support foam. The only make up air at present is the eyes, and a dread hole in the back where I removed the lowest dread and insterted a screen into the hole I cut.

I do heating and air conditioning and know one must have make up air to get decent supply air but I don't want to cut any more holes than nesessary. Does anyone have a good reference on this or have come up with a design that works well? With the Bio helemet off, what I have done so far is just Okay, with the helmet on ............ COOKED lizard brains.

Any help what soever will be a great help. Posting pictures later on my finished Wolf suit.

Thanks!
Jeff

I only had one fan in my undermask and it did the trick. How many fans do you actually need? Wearing these suits equires a bit of suffering on our parts. Lucky (relatively speaking) for me by Halloween, we've often had snow by then, so its usually a blessing to have a bit of warmth.

I'd love to see pics of the fan setup you have going on.

Me and another member came up with one. He deleted all the pics though. Buy one of those inflatable Sumo suits and steal the fan. Make a "Y" of the fan and attach to flexible plastic tubes to the outlet end. Run the two tubes into two dread holes on the mask. The fan and hoses are covered by the rest of the dreads. The battery pack and contained switch hang from your belt. It worked great he said. Fan is quiet and lasts for hours.

Me and another member came up with one. He deleted all the pics though. Buy one of those inflatable Sumo suits and steal the fan. Make a "Y" of the fan and attach to flexible plastic tubes to the outlet end. Run the two tubes into two dread holes on the mask. The fan and hoses are covered by the rest of the dreads. The battery pack and contained switch hang from your belt. It worked great he said. Fan is quiet and lasts for hours.

I live in south Louisiana so the temps here are really bad with extreme humidity. I think I may go with the half mask version with just one fan. That might do the trick until cooler month's ........................... What's snow LOL.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back