Pred texture

mikeincan

Hi here is a wierd question I am looking for not the skin but just the texture of the pred anyone make that or can anyone? Or will I have to buy a skin and cut out his texture.?

By texture, do you mean the texture of the skin, with the bumps and the like? I was thinking at one point that I could sculpt portions of the skin texture in clay, then make a plaster mold and cast sheets of latex from that. Then, I'd just laminate those sheets of latex onto my Mr. Incredible suit. It would be like sculpting and casting a mask, but just a flat sheet instead.

I never ended up doing that, though. I'm mentioning this idea just in case it might be workable for you -- and in case anyone else thinks this method would work.

you definitely can do this . pull the sheets out of thin latex ..then cut them accordingly and barge ( industrial shoe glue) them to your suit ..make some cabo patch ( mix cabosil and prosaid to a frosting like consistency) and spackle it around the edges of the texture sheets to blend it ...wipe the excess cabo patch down with a wet sponge and it will dissolve into a nice edge .as the patch starts to gel up, you can sculpt in the rest of the texture

hmm interesting sounds like something i can do lol with only partially messing it up. but i still would like to know if anyone out there makes said textured parts. i.e back, shoulders, some arms, and some on the legs.if not i have a suit i can cut up but i was hoping to sell it on here and not demolish it. the other issue is i was planning on buying a suit from flex designs so that throws a kink into it a little since i would have to latex up the parts i am adding texture to on that suit aswell so i would not trash it......wouldn't i?

how would i go about sculpting just the texture bits for my suit? don't have a mould or clay to start orhell even a manniquein lol

how would i go about sculpting just the texture bits for my suit? don't have a mould or clay to start orhell even a manniquein lol
Well, if you don't have any clay, you can't start your sculpt. Go to an art store or a craft store and get some oil-based clay and some sculpting tools. (Not water-based clay, because that'll harden and you won't be able to revise it later.) For the method I'm thinking of, you won't even need a mannequin -- you can just roll out the clay on a flat surface and start sculpting on it. Then, once you're ready to mold it, you can make the mold using Ultracal 30 gypsum cement.

There are sculpting and molding tutorials on the Lair, and The Monster Makers also has a tutorial on their site.

i am using a suit from http://flexdesigncostumes.com/products.php# it is being made as we speak. and as i get the texture i will cut and add the texture to the muscles so it forms around the suit. i readon the forum someone else was asking this type of question and they are saying the might use spandex suit over top of the muscle suit and just paint it up likethat so they do not ruin the suit.

for the texture, i used pom poms of different sizes, as well as wax chippings and beads. At layer 2 or 3 of latexing..i coated them in latex...stuck them onto the suit in certain areas where i wanted the bumpy/scaley texture, then continued to add my layers of latex over it.....for the slimy/shiny look, i used a high gloss sealant by folklore. came out great for a first suit...pics are in my profile if u want to see

cool so far the ideas seem pretty good just a matter of finding a workspace. pom poms?technical term for?thanks
for the texture, i used pom poms of different sizes, as well as wax chippings and beads. At layer 2 or 3 of latexing..i coated them in latex...stuck them onto the suit in certain areas where i wanted the bumpy/scaley texture, then continued to add my layers of latex over it.....for the slimy/shiny look, i used a high gloss sealant by folklore. came out great for a first suit...pics are in my profile if u want to see

Here are some ideas that I thought you might like! The first one is a sculp I did with some medium modelin clay, the other is a picture of a wallet from one of my co-workers! I plan on combining the 2 for a different kind of texture, I hope these help you out with your skin!

cool thanks it does a bit i like the snakeskin for the wallet iam post poning doing anything because of finacial constraints and just waiting for my muscle suit from flex designs from there it will be alot of hmm and haing about how to go about it either the skin idea or painting it on both seem to look and work well

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back