Pred suit work in progress

frosty

Sr Member
Well i'm making another pred suit, done in more of an AVP style, darker tones
I start of with the raw suit
predunpainted002-1.jpg

I sponge over the areas i'm painting with straight pros aide, acts like a primer and helps the paint bond to the suit,
I then mix up a latex base, using liquitex unbleached titanium, and acrylic white, i mix the paint colour first then add the latex 50/50 mix.
once the latex base colour is on i then start to airbrush the colours on, again latex based paint, thinned with warm water, working from light to dark, but i also mix that up going from dark to light as i go.
here it is with the spotting started, i do loose spotting at first, then go back over that with the basecote, and do tighter spotting over that
davrospred001.jpg

At this point i paint the armour black, i allways paint metal parts with a black basecote, makes the metal colours really pop
I paint with a variety of metalic colours, using a small sea sponge i stipple on the colours in layers.
davrospred002.jpg

bensheadandpred005.jpg

More to come
Heres the same suit painted a couple of different ways
IMG_0001-1.jpg

caketopper003.jpg

predunpainted002-1.jpg

davrospred001.jpg

davrospred002.jpg

bensheadandpred005.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

caketopper003.jpg

Wowwy,did you do the sculpt whole piece ? I have never seen a body suit with the P2 armor sculpted in it yet here on the lair.I have seen the BDE or P1 sculpted wih armor all as one piece, but I like the P2 though.......awesome work man

I bought the moulds for this a few years back, i've added pieces and changed others over time, its not a' proper ' part 2, but based on the concept drawings from the winston book

SUPERB mate ....superb

Hi again all long time no visit!! Well for those of you that know of me on here you wont be surprised to know that monster maker is doing this for me!! plus when hes finished this, Ive got him to help me by painting up a seahunter skin I purchased from one of the guys here! OOh, as a side note I'm goint to be puttuing a fab P1 mask with dreads on flea bay but will offer it up to members here today (see member buy and sell threads!)

Got to give my buddy monstermaker a massive :lol: for getting through last year with all the hell hes been through!
So Cheeers bud! Ill probably speak to you soon mate! the davros project is go by the way! ;)

Hi again all long time no visit!! Well for those of you that know of me on here you wont be surprised to know that monster maker is doing this for me!! plus when hes finished this, Ive got him to help me by painting up a seahunter skin I purchased from one of the guys here! OOh, as a side note I'm goint to be puttuing a fab P1 mask with dreads on flea bay but will offer it up to members here today (see member buy and sell threads!)

Got to give my buddy monstermaker a massive :popcorn: for getting through last year with all the hell hes been through!
So Cheeers bud! Ill probably speak to you soon mate! the davros project is go by the way! o_O

Davros ive seen it one on one and your one lucky dude, & yes great to see him back doing what hes great at :sick: .

corey

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back