Pred Spots Templates

hey guys/gals, while surfing around came across this. might be helpful to some

http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/zachtrstsetw.html
Booked marked it! That’s definitely something that can come in very useful…as I’m shopping around for mask a this point and will be attempting to paint it myself once purchased…As a matter of fact I’m actually looking at getting one of your halfmask..lol!!! Even thou I’ve been practicing my ‘spots and speckles’ anything that’ll speed up the painting process is a plus.
~Estelle

These stenciles are realy nice, but you can make them with an exacto knife and a piece of plastice. Might save some pennys. In airbushing class, at the art institute, they used fresco (the stuff you used to cover your school books with, a clear plastic) and that worked great to cut out stencils from.

nice find skullsplitter. those are good pics of em
The other thing I was thinking was the fact depending on the size of the templates you would have to print them out the right size which is great to do being since if you were to buy them then come in one size only. I agree Nice find :cry:

I gave this a shot last night. It was a pain in the ass, but it worked out alright. I bought a thin cutting mat from a dollar store. I can easily get two stencils out of the one sheet. Then taped the printout underneath, traced out the shapes with a pencil, and cut them out with a razor pen. It probably took the better part of 2 hours and I'm not entirely happy with it. I think for the next one I may try a wood burning tool to melt out some of the shapes and avoid the inevitable straight edges that come from the razor pen. I'm super happy with the flimsy cutting board, it was the perfect material. Just not overly happy with my cutting out skills. There are a few thin plastic bits between the spots that I accidentally cut through or cracked when popping out the pieces, but they're not too bad and shouldn't cause any problems.
img00942a.jpg

Purchasing the pre-made stencils would have been a hell of a lot easier than the route I went with. But it gave me something to do and came out pretty well. And while I don't really condone or feel particularly good about stealing their design, I do like the option of resizing the stencil to suit your needs.

I did the pattern on my skins by taking some plastic rings from a beer six-pack, glueing them together and putting them in a cardboard frame to make a stencil, then spray-painting through them. Then I used a paintbrush to add some black spots and speckles. The effect came out like this:

14932994150_942c6920e9.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back