Pred King Skulpt

Milk1

I just started this one on friday. It started out as a resin predator bust I bought off ebay. I decided to customize it a bit rather than start from scratch. It is pretty ruffed out right now. Enjoy!
predking001.jpg.gif

predking002.jpg.gif

predking001.jpg.gif

predking002.jpg.gif

crikey thats one pissed off loooking pred

looks like P1 main forehead, with P2 outer shaped (ish) head dred holes, with a wolf jaw.

i like :D

Pretty fierce looking Pred we have here. Nice use of the best bits from several warriors. Interested to see how this casts and paints up.

NOOB QUESTION::::> So, you're going to use this as a mold and make a latex mask from it afterward? If so, is the latex stretchy enough to just peel off with the jaws in place?
I'm hoping to become a maskmaker soon. :D UberNoob now, though.

NOOB QUESTION::::> So, you're going to use this as a mold and make a latex mask from it afterward? If so, is the latex stretchy enough to just peel off with the jaws in place?
I'm hoping to become a maskmaker soon. :D UberNoob now, though.

I am actually going to be casting them in resin. I don't really want to go with the latex mask thing. The lower mandibles will be cut free and cast seperate from the head.

Just a little update. I started to detail the right side just to see how it will look. I went with a scaley look to kinda match the original center portion of the head.
predking2001.jpg.gif

predking2002.jpg.gif

predking2003.jpg.gif

predking2001.jpg.gif

predking2002.jpg.gif

predking2003.jpg.gif

I do love the outer ring of the head on how it points at certain places, but I think this is just me because I might be a little too picky I guess and please do not be offended. I think the mouth looks too huge if you were going to use it as a mask or having working mandibles in place it may be troublesome other then that I hope however that it all works out in the end on how you want it to look. Still very nice sculpt and very awesome to detail you get my vote. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back