Pred Helm from paintball mask

AgentK

I modified a "Powerplay" helmet years ago for our paintball team, "The Gainesville Predators."
I sold it when I stepped away for a while. now I am modding another helmet since the powerplays are a thing of the past. I'll post pix as it develops. I am sure this will end up beinga a how-NOT-to kind of huntorial that will end up on the noobie board. ;P

Helm2b.JPG

I modified a "Powerplay" helmet years ago for our paintball team, "The Gainesville Predators."
I sold it when I stepped away for a while. now I am modding another helmet since the powerplays are a thing of the past. I'll post pix as it develops. I am sure this will end up beinga a how-NOT-to kind of huntorial that will end up on the noobie board. ;P

Did u sell it on Ebay? I saw one on there a long time ago and i havent seen one like it since.

Did u sell it on Ebay? I saw one on there a long time ago and i havent seen one like it since.

I didn't, but one of the other teammebers may have sold his. When the first movie came out, They renamed their team to The Gainesville Predators. I joined later and became team Captain. We played together in local and small tourneys all across the Southeastern US. Eventually life came along and some people graduated from college, some got married, some started careers. Eventually, the team disolved and I started a new team when I worked in the prison psychiatric unit. We called it Team Psych Ward. TPW!
I sold mine to a guy the last day of a competition outside Atlanta Georgia who wanted to use it for his actual pred costume. I have never seen it since, but it was an awesome PLAYABLE mask! I got $250 for it, so I am NOT complaining! I always look for it at cons, hoping to see my creation. I can't even FIND powerplay helmets anymore but the full helm I've had seems like a perfect substitute. I am trying to decide if I was to keep it playable. It's only a 40$ helmet. I might just get another one later for that. We ended up with mine and 7 other pred paintball masks. Who knows where the others went. :)

Here are a few updated pix...
The blue/brown coloring is the cardboard color. I haven't decided on the final paint scheme yet. That will depend on the medieval predator's final armor style. I haven't decided if he is to be one of the dragons slain by Saint George, or St. George himslef! I have come up with a group of glyphs that look like the name "George." They could have been misread as George and since he slayed the dragon, (Queen Xeno), he was made a Saint. Although one of the SG mythos is that he appeared from the mist to slay the dragons, then vanished back into the mist as quickly as he arrived.

I hope to be glassing this by Wednesday!

RMRWIP.JPG

predfacewip.JPG

predtop2.JPG

predside2.JPG

predtop.JPG

I stayed up late again last night layering around the jaw, back of the head, and closing in the eyes. I'm wanting it to be a cross between a pred helm, and a medieval knight's helm. I decided that it will be a silver color when painted unless I get the scales around the brim done like I want. Then, I might lean to a green, making him one of the dragons instead of the knight himself. It's definitely and evolving process. Pix to post when today's work is done.

I have cut and screened in the eyes. Now, I'm building up over the edges. I hotglued the screen on and covered it in papier mache. I printed the pepakura bio a few minutes ago and may use that as a sculpting base. We'll see how my 30+ years of martial arts patience works out. The next pix I post may be of an axe-kicked workbench. :D "Don't mind the dents on the table top. Those are where I beat my head against the hard surface to stay focused."

St. George the Dragonslayer! I need to do the buildup around the edge of the crest, and add the dreads. I'll seal it in a matte finish so it doesn't look like it was made from duct tape.

stgorje.jpg

St. George the Dragonslayer! I need to do the buildup around the edge of the crest, and add the dreads. I'll seal it in a matte finish so it doesn't look like it was made from duct tape. :eek:

Wow great job !! would like to know the dimentions of the box gaunlets and the shoulders if you can . Looks sweet ! Well Done !!!

Justice

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back