Pred-Head Maskessey.

Godislikeamoth

So...I was making my bio and got ticket off at the dome and decided to rip the dome part off altogether. So I'm gonna sculpt the mask then make an armature specifically for the mask so the bio will fit all snug and awesome-like. I also just wanted to get to the mask. I'm excited for the challenge considering all the sculpting I've ever done was in high school and the best thing was a skull ocarina (which was stolen before I could see it finished ) so hopefully things go well. On to the pics.

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

I was getting the basic shape down and haven't used a reference photo as of yet. After this I'm gonna start using a couple photos and start working and working until the shape is right. I feel as though I am looking up a mighty mountain...but I look at that mountain as a great journey rather than impossible task. SUCCESS WILL BE MINE....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Update time:

7-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

So...after getting the gist of where the crown and brows and all that are I decided to work on the mouth/mandibles. The teeth are there as placeholders and can be removed so that molding will be easier...which I learned from many of the threads I've perused. I'm gonna work on getting the basic shape further down then work on the lower mandibles and on to the rest of the beast after the hard part is done.

Comments, questions, and suggestions are all welcome.

1st thing that strikes me is, it looks VERY small compared to the Armature underneath, remember a preds head is pretty BIIIIIIIIIG just thought i would mention that before.

good luck and keep us posted. :)

Thank you all for you comments and now that you mention it...his head is a little small. I'm kinda going off measurements that I got off of some bios from here and I realize now that they are "stunt" bios and that this mask probably won't be anywhere near life size. Usurper, I just went through your P2 Closed Mouth thread and got me some serious inspiration. From the last post it seems you won't be finishing that sculpt...sad face....Yeah...I said it...instead of emoticoned it. Anywho...on to the updates.

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

As made apparent by the pictures I have been working on the mandibles...I try to add too much clay so that I can easily remove it rather than have to add it and screw up the shape. And don't worry, Usurper, I've extended the head back a smidge and made his head more domey but it probably won't be anywhere near as big as a Predator you might run into on the street for the above reason and the following.

A: I plan on wearing this beast and want it to kinda fit my body since I'm a wopping 5' 10".

B: I'm pretty much out of clay and don't want to fork over money right now.

C: I get a bit to hasty at times.

D: Pure sweet laziness.

More updates to come soon and the next pictures will show the little bit of head extension I've done. As usual comments, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome.

P.S.: Usurper-your stuff rocks my socks off...and by stuff I of course mean your sculpts and what not...just to clarify.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back