Pred hands from work gloves??

ShawDizzle

Im working on a suit and have come across an idea to make hands. I am trying to make things myself here but when i cant i have been going with Mannowars props. So far from him i have ordered a bladed gaunt and feet. I may go to him for hands as well but just want to know if anyone has tried this or has heard of this method......i was wondering if taking a pair of work gloves that are relatively form fitting (so they dont swim too much) and converting them to pred hands....take the glove, buy a set of monster finger nails, glue them on to the gloves. Add a few layers of latex to the entire glove (the gloves will of course be larger than normal to accommodate shrinkage), then proceed to airbrush then seal in PermaWet...........before i go this route has anyone else done this? something similar? know anyone who has? or even think it will work?

thanx a lot

There have been people use the kitchen gloves, some turned inside out. Then painted/decorated.

I tried to find an example because I think Uratz used the kitchen gloves for something but I can't seem to find it. I know others have done it to.

should work like the mr incredible suit i posted the same idea on the mr i thread a few weeks ago and im also going to try it for my own hands . But you should fill the gloves with a mannequin hand or something i wouldnt latex an empty glove. But it should work and best part they will fit you better

Thanks. Ya i took a look. I was looking at doing what u said tho, mimic the Mr Incredible method with a pair of gloves. what can i do and use for leather gloves the pred wears on his hand? And for knuckles..any ideas? I havent seen the actual pred hands in person Mannowar makes but i heard they are pretty big, not rubies big but i hear they swim if u dont got hands like an LA LAker

Im working on a suit and have come across an idea to make hands. I am trying to make things myself here but when i cant i have been going with Mannowars props. So far from him i have ordered a bladed gaunt and feet. I may go to him for hands as well but just want to know if anyone has tried this or has heard of this method......i was wondering if taking a pair of work gloves that are relatively form fitting (so they dont swim too much) and converting them to pred hands....take the glove, buy a set of monster finger nails, glue them on to the gloves. Add a few layers of latex to the entire glove (the gloves will of course be larger than normal to accommodate shrinkage), then proceed to airbrush then seal in PermaWet...........before i go this route has anyone else done this? something similar? know anyone who has? or even think it will work?

thanx a lot

I used cotton work gloves that happened to be the same color tan as my skin, and painted spots and splotches to match. I was going to glue just plain old ordinary fake fingernails onto them, but couldn't find any offhand, so I just cut a set of pointy triangulary nails from an old "for sale" sign and glued those on. Sooner or later I'll get around to finding some fake fingernails, or, given that Halloween is coming up, some monster-nails.

I didn't seal the gloves with anything because I wanted them to be able to breathe and not be too hot. But I can't think of any reason offhand why it couldn't be done, just like with a cloth skin. It probably will make the gloves lots stiffer, though.

There have been people use the kitchen gloves, some turned inside out. Then painted/decorated.

I tried to find an example because I think Uratz used the kitchen gloves for something but I can't seem to find it. I know others have done it to.

I use kitchen gloves to mop floors, wash dishes

... oh wait you mean this?
Predator_Brass_Knuckles_WIP2_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Thanks. Ya i took a look. I was looking at doing what u said tho, mimic the Mr Incredible method with a pair of gloves. what can i do and use for leather gloves the pred wears on his hand? And for knuckles..any ideas? I havent seen the actual pred hands in person Mannowar makes but i heard they are pretty big, not rubies big but i hear they swim if u dont got hands like an LA LAker
I have Mannowar's hands. (No, wait, I have my own hands. I bought a pair of Mannowar's hands. Not the ones connected to his body, but a pair of latex hands that he made.) (Never mind, I'm just being strange.) His hands are pretty large, but they're still workable even if your own hands aren't quite that big. If you go that route, his hands already have the leather gloves sculpted onto them already, and the metal knuckles are sculpted into the left hand.

Here's a picture of his hands in action:
Trophy95.jpg

Of course, if you're looking at doing your own, I don't want to talk you out of it. Half the fun of costuming is coming up with your own stuff and learning new things.

Thank Elkman
The first half of ur post confused the hell out of me but i got it. Haha.....You look like a big dude or maybe its just the suit...im 6'0/6'1 like in the middle...im a thin guy but bulky but i still think my hands are small...not like the guy with little hands from that Burger King commercial but i think too small for the gloves....its not so much the look if they are too big...its the dexterity i want while wearing...if im gonna be in this thing for conventions/costume parties/halloween etc.....im gonna wanna be able to grab things easily....im gonna go all out and hopefully make a good set..Mannowars hands look awesome tho.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back