Pred Bio, Need Help And Answers

moki34

Hello all, I just received my new Bio for my P1 mask and it seems a bit on the small side. It's made of resin and in kit form so I'm guessing after I clean up and smooth out the entire mask it might fit better than it does now. However, in case there's no difference, is there a way to work the resin to make it fit or am I out of luck?
b6fad300.jpg.gif

Nice bio! You can heat it up with a hair dryer. That will make it soft and then you can stretch it out abit. But be careful, Resin tends to heat up rather quickly, so just fan the hair dryer over the area you want to stretch out and little by little heat it and shape it. Again GO SLOW, MINIMAL heat, just enough to make the resin where you can shape it. Warning do not over stretch it, you most likely will not be able to go back. So little by little, little heat little shape, check it often on the mask to make sure you don't over do it.

Hope that helps and makes sense. (y)

Thanks quake; I've used that technique before but with vinyl models. I wasn't positive if it would work well on resin however I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your input and kind words :)

Not a prob bud! good eye roninpred. (y) did you pick it up from Ebay? Just curious I've seem simular ones on there.

Just noticed you live in SA. I just got back from San Antonio. :)

also since it shipped in the cold it might need time to form back into place.......same thing happend to me and after afew days in room temerature
the helmet was no longer warped......but otherwise try what those guys are saying......GOOD LUCK!!!!

moved to the correct section.

and spanked for purchasing a recast :mad:
Oh, sorry about that but thanks for putting it in the right section :p I couldn't pass this mask up as it was a great deal. However, the recast thing is probably why it's giving me trouble; if I can't work out the kinks, be sure I wont ever buy the recast masks off ebay again. Any idea where I could get a better P1 Bio that would suit my mask???

Not a prob bud! good eye roninpred. (y) did you pick it up from Ebay? Just curious I've seem simular ones on there.

Just noticed you live in SA. I just got back from San Antonio. :)
Hey bud, yeah the bio is from ebay; the price was too good to pass up so I nabbed it. I see you're a fellow Texan; I've been a san Antonian all my life :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back