Pre-Tech Pred

torredator

just wondering...
is there a story of a pre-technology predator clan?(if so does anyone know where i can find it!)
I mean there has to have been a time that Predators where tech-less !!!!

I think that there is little or none backstory on the predators or there technology but you could read a bit on thehunted.tk i read a bit there about there tech and what not but i donno.

Why don't you do a write up of this idea? This sounds interesting and I could already imagine what the Armor looks like

Hiya Torredator,
are you working on a fan fic or you are just interested in “pre -tech preds?” to borrow your term.. I’m sort of interested in the pred lore/spiritual aspect and can’t find much on it either. If you indeed are working on a fan fic and want to swap some ideas please feel free to pm me… I have a few ideas I would like to get an opinion on …but speaking of pre-tech preds. I had a dream last night about preds living on some planet.
I got an overall impression of primitive. They lived in these huge smooth light-grey rock formations, as opposed to on the ground, which they left untouched and covered in lush jungle growth. These rock formations were near mountain size and rose hundreds if not thousands of feet into the air,(stretched hundreds of feet also) but they were clearly not mountains. Not like the ones here anyway. While crudely hewn into they we comfortably livable and spacious. It looked as though one could hold maybe 5-10 thousand individuals easily. I saw at least 4 of these giant rock formations towering up out of the jungle, over-all they were oblong in shape but sat upright. I kind of got the impression of a stone termite mound ( not as messy, dirty or crude though)..sorry that’s the only thing that I can compare it to, that or a huge apartment complex…which is not a very accurate description either. Well anyway, hope that wasn’t too stupid…just a dream I had last night.
But I agree with Uratz..maybe YOU should do a write up on it.
~Estelle

well that is good to know that there is no back story of the sort!
Good because i can make my story and possibly a film for it, but most importantly i can make my pre-tech pred look as native and primal as i want.........

Estelle i will definately be P.M. you soon to swap some ideas!

Uratz i can see you already have some wheels turning up there!!!!!

Sara i love the picture ... the first one reminds me of a gremlin

again thanks for the replies...

~Lou~

iv always thought about a similar sort of thing,preds on there 1st time on earth hunting indians,id love to help out with this o_O haha the evolution of pred pic is cool!

Indians? Man, it would pre date the Nazca Lines or even ancient Egypt. The Predators could have seen the rise and fall of Atlantis, Lemuria, Thule. Beacuse of the focus on the Hunt, they must have originated from a large homeworld rich in biodiversity and life forms. I think they were at some point evolved into a barbaric tribe civilization that over a period of time became spacefaring; which I only believe was possible through some kind of first contact with a more advanced species. If you want to stay in cannon with the films and books, then there is a great possibilty that it was the Space Jockeys (I like this). For a character so loved there is so little that is known about it's history, legends, and folklore. Maybe that is one facet of the Predator's appeal. Mystery. It won't exist until you create it; and thats how it should be - history written by those that cherish it.

Movies don't keep this alive, we do.

evolution-2-1.gif

Atlantis, Lemuria, Thule? Man I’m going for a time earlier than that….since I’m focusing on lore and creation myth in my particular circumstance my approach to things is going to be somewhat different. Without giving out too much on what I plan to do, I‘ll say this much, the way I see it, the predator man predates the human man. And yes, they could have seen the rise and fall of the places you have mentioned. In my writing I’m talking about preds. or at least a particular one who was said ( by ancient perd. traditionalist) to see the very first Man and woman of earth.
~ Estelle

Indians? Man, it would pre date the Nazca Lines or even ancient Egypt. The Predators could have seen the rise and fall of Atlantis, Lemuria, Thule. Beacuse of the focus on the Hunt, they must have originated from a large homeworld rich in biodiversity and life forms. I think they were at some point evolved into a barbaric tribe civilization that over a period of time became spacefaring; which I only believe was possible through some kind of first contact with a more advanced species. If you want to stay in cannon with the films and books, then there is a great possibilty that it was the Space Jockeys (I like this). For a character so loved there is so little that is known about it's history, legends, and folklore. Maybe that is one facet of the Predator's appeal. Mystery. It won't exist until you create it; and thats how it should be - history written by those that cherish it.

Movies don't keep this alive, we do.

evolution-2-1.gif

i agree and the barbaric tribes evolved into clans after spaceflight. ive always thought that they dont even know much about there own history due to the fact they branch off into different clans and always seem to blow the **** out of everything, and the only known history is just stories passed down by the elders but those are just my thoughts

Low tech or super tech. Both can be good.. But I'm more an organic tech...
* Hidden biological tech
* Tech which is inplanted inside the pred
* Tech which has been formed inside a pred and which has unexpected strength
* Tech which has been a a mutation of a pred....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back