Practice makes perfect

Unforgiven Hunter

Hey guys I don't really post much 2d art and I think the last time I posted any was on the old lair, but I just wanted to share something that I thought was pretty cool. I grew up drawing all the time whenever I could get the chance, and my art teachers and parents would always tell me "Practice makes perfect" of course I ignored it because as you progress drawing I never really noticed the change. But I was cleaning out my desk the other day and came across this old picture that I drew up oh I don't know 7 or so years ago, and I just had to laugh at it because of how different it looked compared to anything I do now. So what I did was took out my drawing pad and traced the basic outline of the pred and decided to rework it and was completely surprised by how much my drawing has truly progressed.
The Old
Pred001.jpg

The New
DSC01032.jpg

Now neither drawing is finished and the new picture i had to take a picture of it with the camera because I didn't want to rip it out of the book while I was still working on it. But anyways to all the younger artists out there when someone tells you "Practice makes perfect" they aren't lying .

-Chris

It is always fun to see the progress of things like these, because it show that you have actually become better even when oneself dont see it at first. So yes, practice makes perfect. No question about it. :cry:
Have any more?

The armor, face and pose are all wicked. Great job redoing a piece you drew years ago - the difference is like night and day...your hard work and practicing has paid off

Now finish this one and show us the end result

I'm going to be honest I don't spend that much time drawing anymore, but whenever I do get that itch I'll work on this piece until it gets worthy of being posted again. Yes I do have some other drawings Nicole, about 4 or 5 pads filled. Most of them are just sketches though I have to take a look through them and see what is postable. Thanks for the kind words guys I appreciate it.

-Chris

4 or 5 pads FILLED??! Well hot damn start showing them!! We don't care if they are sketches or full blown finished pieces of art...please share with us Chris!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back