1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest PR2 Golden Fertility Idol

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by PropReplicator2, Dec 29, 2018.

1. PropReplicator2

PropReplicator2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

After a long time of meticulous work I am finally wrapping this project up and plan on a very limited run of these before I “retire” from prop making for a little while..

I recently got a quote back from the local vacuum-metalizing shop, and was impressed with the samples they showed me. Every idol will be hollow resin cast in durable black resin, or foam-filled with a resin layer at the bottom. All vacuum-metalized idols will be mailed off to the building they will be metalized at, at the same time to avoid extra shipping, and to keep production costs down.

The pricing for these will be:
    Finished: $375 shipped
    Hollow resin kit: $100 + shipping ($10 US, or $23 international)

GSalmBH.jpg

To get in on the run please pm me your shipping address as well as a $100 deposit (for a finished idol) or a $25 deposit (for a resin kit). DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. There will be a very limited number of spots and this will be my only run of these for the foreseeable future so get in now if you are interested ;).

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL NAMES IN BLUE ARE FOR ANOTHER FORUM! THIS RUN IS BETWEEN TWO FORUMS (RPF AND COW) AND ALL NAMES ARE GOING TO BE ON ONE LIST!

The List:
    1) "samurai Indy" - Kit - Deposit Paid
    2) "kpax" - Kit - Int.
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)

Best,
    PropReplicator2

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 7:26 AM
  2. PropReplicator2

Only one person? Bump!

3. joeranger

joeranger Sr Member

Still trying to figure out if I can cast this in lead without an EPA crisis in my garage. ;)

PropReplicator2 likes this.
  4. kpax

kpax Sr Member

Looks really great! Nice work!

What is the story of the sculpt? What is it based on ? Does it have any screen prop provenance?

5. PropReplicator2

I started with a really bad eBay casting of the idol and began with small mods just to tweak it a little for myself.. this later lead to complete removal and resculpting of the entire idol in pieces. The master seen in the original post has been a WIP over the last several months. With alot of work put into it to make a good idol for anyone's Indy collection.
    While the idol is based on the stunt version, the pupils can be drilled in to replicate the "Belloq Idol". This gives the buyer more variety in their purchase.

6. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

Hey, i'm all good in the fertility idol department, but when your ready to tackle a horned idol from a certain pc game, i'll be first in line.
    But i also understand if you need a break from making all this stuff!

7. kpax

kpax Sr Member

Thanks for the information above.

I am interested in a resin kit.

Do you have the measurements on this piece? How tall is it?

8. PropReplicator2

Raiders March Yes I am taking a break for a while due to some health problems and our baby is due in a few weeks. I'm still gonna be making props just definitely not as frequently and they will only be very limited runs. My horned idol is almost done but I am honestly not sure when it will be ready. Plenty of people knocking the door down for that one ;).

kpax okay great, the pricing info is all in the first post. And the idol is 8" tall :)

9. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

Like i said, whenever your ready. Good luck with the new bub and hope the health problems turn around for you.

10. PropReplicator2

So I’m just bumping the thread, with the notification that the run has been knocked down to 6 spots due to lack of interest. Making these to order now, and production starts within the next two weeks. Thanks guys!

11. PropReplicator2

I am not liable for any EPA Crises ;). I’m just making you the wax idol lol!