Pottermore

lukeforester1

Hello, so it was suggested that there be a thread dedicated to talking about pottermore. So here we are!
The purpose of this thread is:
1. To let everyone know the clue and answer of the day for the Magic Quill contest. If you solve the Magic Quill puzzle for the day, please, please share it!
2. To talk about the site, the books as eBooks, the extra content, and opinions on Pottermore.
3. Not clutter Hinky's thread with pottermore stuff as it is supposed to be about paper props

Ok... Go!

Registered this morning! Had to check the book to get the answer but it only took a few minutes to find the right page. Everyone was panicking waiting for the validation e-mails to arrive but after about an hour mine came! Now when I log in it says

You’ve successfully validated your early access Pottermore account. You will be one of the lucky few to shape the experience before the site opens to all in October.

You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can’t let everyone into the Beta site at the same time.

We look forward to seeing you.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all works. Good luck everyone for the next few days, we'll have to help each other and get as many RPF'ers on there for the beta as possible!!

My experience with it has not been pleasant yet. If I don't get registered tomorrow I will be really mad. I hope its later. I woke up at 3:00 am to do it because I heard a rumor it would be at 11:00 am UK time. but it was noon their time, so I had gone back to sleep by time it started at 4 am where I live. I dont want to wake up at 4 because its so hard. does anyone know if an official time has been stated? and we only have to do a challenge on day right?

I'm not trying for this, but I have a good buddy who is. So far, it seems to be rather poorly run. Then registrations started showing up on the bay.....
EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS :lol:lol:lol:lol Pleeeezzzeee!!!! Selling free stuff like this should soooo be outlawed, IMO......

Shylaah

the clue come on at 6pm where I live (Australia). America isn't the only place in the world you know! but I was trying and Trying to get to the Quill page... NOW I found out I forgot to put "quill" in the URL. arrghhhh!!!!!!!!!! will have to try agian today. Imo, yesterday's clue wasn't hard at all, not if your're familir with the book.

it was: "How many breeds of owl are featured on the sign for eyelops emporium? multiply the number by 45."

btw: apprantly the 7 clues are one for each book, yesterday's was Philosoper's Stone, Today's should be chamber of secrets, and so on.

ya sorry for my posts at paper props thread,
I just don't know where to talk and there is the only place that there are someone I can talk to...
I finally got my validation email after 12hours of my registration and I am now activated!!
Good Luck to you all!!!!!

i got to register yesterday, i stayed up until 1 in the
morning. i got the answer right but for some reason internet explorer
kept taking me back to the pg with the clue, lucky i got the idea to
use url on chrome

Don't know when mine will be, yesterday I went to the site too late. Its 10:41am here and on the site it still says that the first day is closed. So I'll continue checking regularly, hopefully I'll manage. I live in Malta btw.

I'm signed up, just vaiting for my e-mail now. I'm HallowOak113 on pottermore now!

edit: got my e-mail! I'm in!

Last edited:
I got in this morning! I'm DragonSpell64 :lol I got my confirmation email a little over an hour later. Just waiting for the welcome email now :) it says it could take a few weeks though

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back