Potential Pred Hands for cheap.

TokyoRose

Hey everyone,

I came across these the other day and figured some of you may find them useful. I was wandering around the thrift store "Value Village" looking for random parts for 2 simultaneous build projects I have on the go and found these gloves for $10 Cdn. They are called "Glow in the dark monster hands" and can be found in their Halloween section. I have seen them at 3 different stores, they weren't just a one-off find with the donated stuff.
dsc00663i.jpg.png

dsc00664qx.jpg

dsc00665g.jpg.png

dsc00666n.jpg.png

They are see through, which is lame. But the pattern and detail on them lends itself perfectly to both my Predator build and a Lycan/Werewolf suit I have in the works.

dsc00676d.jpg

dsc00678wv.jpg

dsc00679o.jpg

They fit pretty snug, and have decent movement. I believe they are Vinyl but I'm not certain. I know they can hold a stitch, so If you wanted to sew them straight to your gauntlets, that is a definite option. I don't think they should be to difficult paint, as long as you use something that can flex. Like Plasti-Dip or vinyl paint, or paint them the same way you would paint a Latex mask. I think painting over them should remedy the "Glow in the dark" issue as well. I don't know the colors of either of my suits right now, so I'm going to hold off painting them just yet.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I know a lot of the monster gloves used have nylon on the bottom, whereas these are 100% plastic/rubber. They will definitely save me some time in regards to sculpting and molding and casting my own at this point in time.

Cheers.
And if anyone picks a pair up and paints them, post a pic so I can see how they turned out.
(BTW, the right hand is a bit smaller then the left, so make sure you try them on. I have a plastic cup forced into the right glove to stretch out the opening a bit, but I may cut part of the wrist to make them fit the suit better.)

those actually have a nice shape to them. once painted up noone would be the wiser. and the glow in the dark will not show once painted. make sure you lay down plasti dip or something so the paint stays on.

AMAZING! Truly amazing! I've never seen Raisin Brand written in French before! C'est genial! Je suis de Dallas, Texas. Bon appetite, misseur.

But seriously, a month before halloween the costume shops have the painted ones that can match the pred costumes for around $20.

Thanks for the post.

AMAZING! Truly amazing! I've never seen Raisin Brand written in French before! C'est genial! Je suis de Dallas, Texas. Bon appetite, misseur.

But seriously, a month before halloween the costume shops have the painted ones that can match the pred costumes for around $20.

Thanks for the post.

but those ones are giant and floppy. and the paint kinda sucks, these look like the best non pred hands i have ever seen.

The joys of living in Canada. Unfortunately I don't speak an ounce of French. Good thing its deliciousness transcends universal language barriers.

And I know that the Halloween version of the hands will be widely available, but like xdmray pointed out, they are generally giant and floppy. The quality of these was surprising and fit exactly the purpose that I needed, so I just figured I'd pass it along.

I definitely think they have some potential.

.......now I want raisin bran........

The joys of living in Canada. Unfortunately I don't speak an ounce of French. Good thing its deliciousness transcends universal language barriers.
It's good to have a picture of what's in the container too. You know, just in case you can't read it.
2964258690_5a44d016a7.jpg

And I know that the Halloween version of the hands will be widely available, but like xdmray pointed out, they are generally giant and floppy. The quality of these was surprising and fit exactly the purpose that I needed, so I just figured I'd pass it along.

I definitely think they have some potential.

.......now I want raisin bran........
I agree.
Has anyone found an on-line source??
I've looked and haven't found anything but silly yellow monstrosities.

It's good to have a picture of what's in the container too. You know, just in case you can't read it.

One can never be too careful! "My chunky soup tastes funny..."

Has anyone found an on-line source??
I've looked and haven't found anything but silly yellow monstrosities.

I tried looking for them online when I was making this thread, unfortunately I wasn't able to find them anywhere.

wow awesome what other stores do you think you can find these? i dont have a value village

Thanks man, the only place I have seen these specific ones is Value Village though. That being said, it is Halloween Season so I'm sure you should be able to find some sort of alternative if you look around.

Good Luck.

Thanks man, the only place I have seen these specific ones is Value Village though. That being said, it is Halloween Season so I'm sure you should be able to find some sort of alternative if you look around.

Good Luck.

do you have the label still?
a manufacturer would help in an online search.

Thank you so much for finding these. I am definitely going to hit up all the Value Villages in Winnipeg in search of these. I had been wondering what I was going to do for Pred Hands, and now I know!

Thank you so much for finding these. I am definitely going to hit up all the Value Villages in Winnipeg in search of these. I had been wondering what I was going to do for Pred Hands, and now I know!

Glad somebody might have some luck with them.

If you get a chance to pick some up soon, feel free to beat me to the punch and scan a picture of the tag or write down the manufacturer. The gloves are just attached to a rectangular piece of yellow cardboard that says "Glow in the dark monster hands". No plastic wrapping or anything, just simple like that.

Good luck with them!

Nice work XeroWolf! Those appear to be the same ones. A couple bucks more, but that definitely looks like them.

For the price, you can't really go wrong, but be forewarned; the right fits smaller than the left as I stated earlier. I'm a pretty big guy though (6'4 200+) so it could just be me.

Good luck guys and gals, and post updates if you get a hold of some.

*EDIT* In addition, that site carries the Mr. I costume for $69.99. Talk about 1 stop shopping. And they offer $4.99 shipping on orders over $65. Stock up kids.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back