POTC winks at Idiana Jones...(commen knowledge,but still...)

Dutchman

I'm sure it's commen knowledge, but here some side by side screencaps.

I loved the Indiana Jones movies as a kid, watched those movies many times back in the day. Seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark a few weeks ago, I was almost shocked by the simularities...

These are just a few examples, feel free to add more:).

30 minutes or less is a ripoff of an actual crime of a pizza guy having a bomb strapped to him and told to rob a bank.

Hollywood = lazy. General public = to lame to notice.

30 minutes or less is a ripoff of an actual crime of a pizza guy having a bomb strapped to him and told to rob a bank.

Hollywood = lazy. General public = to lame to notice.

Oh yeah because Hollywood never makes films based on real life events. :rolleyes

Kevin

In this case it's not just one shot, or one single scene as a hommage or whatever, there's just...too many moments where you go:"What the ****????"

A few of these, okay, maybe, but several of those examples are real stretches. What, Raiders invented the over-the-shoulder 3-shot?

Oh yeah because Hollywood never makes films based on real life events. :rolleyes

Kevin

Still a rip off and lazy writing if they act like its their own work. And sad when people think they are hilarious geniuses because of it :p

sadder still because the real pizza guy got blown into bits all over a street and cop car.

C'mon, if it really were ripping off Indy, wouldn't we have gotten Jack's kid to be the sidekick in Pirates 4? :rolleyes

Utter nonsense. None of those shots are anything other than standard movie making conventions.

2 shot
3 shot
over the shoulder
zoom/rack focus/dolly-in/zoom out.

Nothing to see here.

Not saying it is all intentional, just had a serious WTF-experience when seeing Raiders after such a long time not having seen that movie... At least first half of the movie.
Cheers

Yeah, I totally agree. Previous film situations are seen and half remembered by the new filmakers and so end up in the latter films. The new guys build on the work of the previous generation.

Yeah, I totally agree. Previous film situations are seen and half remembered by the new filmakers and so end up in the latter films. The new guys build on the work of the previous generation.

I think that's a great way of seeing it. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back