POTC Lord Beckett figure research

Re: Any Sculptors willing to help me out?

I've been trying to find some more detailed pictures of this in hope that I may be able to help. Not sure I can do it justice from what I see, however PM sent.

Here is a little higher res of that pic of the figure, plus a couple others.
These clipped from 1920X800 screen grabs. Hope they help.
If you'd like the org grabs PM me an email addy.....jpeg being lossy and all that.......

Beckett1.jpg

Beckett2.jpg

Beckett3.jpg

Shylaah

Thanks, these are very useful. By any chance could you find the screencaps for the other toy soldiers seen in the movie?

Yeah, I have all of them, as I'm working on a Beckett office/desk display.
If you PM me an email addy, I'll ship 'em out to ya.

Shylaah

Last edited:

Great screen-caps!! Looks a really crude sculpt. I'm hoping to have a go at replicating it shortly - what does everyone rekon on the scale? It appears shorter than 54mm, although taller than 30mm...or is it my eyes :confused?

Well, I FINALLY found the links to the POTC movie hi res screen caps.....I had posted it on the RPF previously, here, but was too lazy to dig through the search results until this evening! :)

Looks like the zip files are no longer available, but the online caps are, so if you prefer to grab them for yourself, Here's where a very hard working CJS/POTC fan put his hi res grabs for the rest of us to enjoy!
Thanks again, adenry!!

Curse of the Black Pearl Screen Shots online Gallery

Dead Man's Chest Screen Shots online Gallery

At World's End Screen Shots online Gallery

Shylaah

It was indeed a crude and quick custom sculpt. Crude because thats how it would have been if carved by hand back in the day. The goal was to keep it as far away as a mass produced plastic toy we are all familiar with.

That close up in the cannon shows the figurine was repainted for better detail than seen on the desk. I dont seem to recall it originally having the eyes painted so large or as much gold detail on the front.

It was indeed a crude and quick custom sculpt. Crude because thats how it would have been if carved by hand back in the day. The goal was to keep it as far away as a mass produced plastic toy we are all familiar with.

That close up in the cannon shows the figurine was repainted for better detail than seen on the desk. I dont seem to recall it originally having the eyes painted so large or as much gold detail on the front.

No full-body laser scans of Tom Hollander for detailed 3D printing...? I'm disappointed! ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back