POTA ANSA Astronaut Suit

GBOOTHROYD

Has anyone ever attempted the Planet Of the Apes ANSA astronaut space suit that Charlton Heston and the others wore. Apemania is now making a replica backpack, so if someone could do the suit it would make an excellent display. It seems the suits were made of satin backed cotton, a common fabric used in wedding dresses. Here is a link to its description with a link to a photo survey of Charlton Heston's suit made by Western Costume:

http://www.cloudster.com/Sets&Vehicles/Ape...PofAcostume.htm

When I was a wee lad I was really into the ape costumes, but there was always something cool about that ANSA astronaut suit. With the talent on this board, I know it can be done. Feel free to chime in with pictures, knowledge or an "I'll take this project on".

GB

Edit - Direct link to Charleston Heston suit photo survey:

http://www.cloudster.com/Sets&Vehicles/Ape...ostumSurvey.htm

Hasseline's Hypothesis was correct. :confused

You MANIACS. You BLEW IT UP.

DAMN you... damn you ALL to HELL. :cry

:D

Packs

POTA-backpackclosed.jpg

POTA-backpacksopen.jpg

I inquired about price when they first started making them, which was quite some time ago. At that time, maybe two years ago, it was $1,500.00. Don't know if they've come down in price. You can always email them to find out current pricing.
I also asked about the flight suit, but they said they had no plans to make them, which I thought was odd in light of thier backpack.

GB

That's funny I was thinking of DAVIDYR1 too. GeneralMayhem, I'm not in any particular hurry. Pricing is of course the key. Do you give discounts for multiple orders? Do I need to start an interest thread?

GB

Originally posted by GBOOTHROYD@Jan 8 2006, 07:13 PM
That's funny I was thinking of DAVIDYR1 too. 
GB
[snapback]1154098[/snapback]​

Hey you know what they say about great minds... ;) :lol

Well, there does not seem to be all that much interest. I guess there are only a few of us who want this item done. I guess I may have to get private quotes.

GB

The space suits you are referring to in Star Wars ANH were worn by the chimps Cornelius, his wife and Dr. Milo in Escape From The Planet Of The Apes. They are not the flight suits that Taylor (Charlton Heston) and his crew wear aboard the Icarus in the original Planet of The Apes.

GB

Alright, who's going to step up to the plate to do the ANSA Astronaut Space Suit to go with my Ape stunt Carbine being made by Rylo? Indy, GenaralMayhem or DavidYR1, who's it going to be?

GB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GBOOTHROYD @ Jan 14 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1158951[/snapback]</div>
The space suits you are referring to in Star Wars ANH were worn by the chimps Cornelius, his wife and Dr. Milo in Escape From The Planet Of The Apes
[/b]

I did not know that. :confused

timeli1.jpg

I thought the spacesuited aliens in ANH might have gotten their suits from Gerry Anderson's "UFO" series or something..

- k

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back