POTA ANSA Astronaut Suit

Babylon 5, too. Those chairs get around! :)

Last I checked they were still available for rental through a local LA prop house.

Similarly, getting back to the suit, bits and pieces of the POTA astro-wear can still be found at Western Costume (although I suspect some of it is fake). I know W.C. has some of the original ANSA patches.

Similarly, getting back to the suit, bits and pieces of the POTA astro-wear can still be found at Western Costume (although I suspect some of it is fake). I know W.C. has some of the original ANSA patches.

I wish I'd lived down in LA back when you could rent James Franciscus' suit from Western for the $25 cleaning fee and $100 loss charge. :lol

The LOTG Spindrift re-used the seats originally created for the Apes ship.

Well considering those are also the chairs for the flying sub in VTTBOTS, I'd say they could have been around before Apes.

VTTBOTS was 64-68

First Apes movie made in 67.

When did the Flying Sub first appear?

Well considering those are also the chairs for the flying sub in VTTBOTS, I'd say they could have been around before Apes.

The "Apes" seats were not used in the Flying Sub (but the miniaturizer hex tiles from "Fantastic Voyage" were)...

pic1.png

Last edited:
I just got one of these 4" x 6" things you can get anywhere and sewed it on my flight suit. Unless you want to silkscreen on silk like the originals, it's a fine substitute.

Dad_and_Girl_with_Flag.jpg

Bumping an old thread as i have a renewed interest in getting my one of those flight suits. Ive seen the magnoli one on his site which looks cool. Anyone care to post pics of theres so i can see how they turn out. I take it the set on eby for $200 is not as accurate or well made? Ive never had experience of honk kong cosplay manufacturers.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back