Post your Grail cup

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a grail cup I made a while back, but I just got a grail cup in the mail today:)

I decided to repaint my old one but want to see suggestions.

Were there different painted versions for a reason, or just various techniques used? I see so many variations, I wasn't sure if there were hero, stunt, etc... Versions.

Please feel free to post your cup and maybe I will see the style I want to paint it:)

Last edited:
I made this a while back. It was my first scratch build. You can read through the progress from start to finish here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-prop-build-ij-holy-grail-done-93476/

picture048a.jpg

Great cups guys :)

As stated before... There are many painted looks and I was curious if there are different versions of the cups used in the film?

I have a grail cup I made a while back, but I just got a grail cup in the mail today:)

I decided to repaint my old one but want to see suggestions.

Were there different painted versions for a reason, or just various techniques used? I see so many variations, I wasn't sure if there were hero, stunt, etc... Versions.

Please feel free to post your cup and maybe I will see the style I want to paint it:)

Rich, there are alot of versions of the Grail Cup for painting. No-one really knows 100% for sure which ones were prototypes, hero, stunt, which were actually used, etc.

It also depends alot what the cup means to you / how you envisage it and also what you see on screen.

Here are 6 examples of different paint jobs. Each one is followed by its counter-part image of a screen-grab, Grails that were auctioned off over the years, and from the LFA book 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones'.

gv1-552x600.png

gv1sg-600x347.png

gv2-600x399.png

v2sg.jpg

gv3-600x554.png

gv3sg-495x540.png

gv4-584x600.png

gv4sg-438x600.png

gv5-525x600.png

v5sg.jpg

gv6-600x520.png

gv6sg-450x600.png

IMO, all are valid. It's what 'hits' you the most that matters :) :thumbsup

Thanks for all that info, and thx to EVERYONE who posted photos of their cups. They are all very helpful :thumbsup

Rich, there are alot of versions of the Grail Cup for painting. No-one really knows 100% for sure which ones were prototypes, hero, stunt, which were actually used, etc.

It also depends alot what the cup means to you / how you envisage it and also what you see on screen.

Here are 6 examples of different paint jobs. Each one is followed by its counter-part image of a screen-grab, Grails that were auctioned off over the years, and from the LFA book 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones'.

gv1-552x600.png

gv1sg-600x347.png

gv2-600x399.png

v2sg.jpg

gv3-600x554.png

gv3sg-495x540.png

gv4-584x600.png

gv4sg-438x600.png

gv5-525x600.png

v5sg.jpg

gv6-600x520.png

gv6sg-450x600.png

IMO, all are valid. It's what 'hits' you the most that matters :) :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back