Post your Grail cup

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a grail cup I made a while back, but I just got a grail cup in the mail today:)

I decided to repaint my old one but want to see suggestions.

Were there different painted versions for a reason, or just various techniques used? I see so many variations, I wasn't sure if there were hero, stunt, etc... Versions.

Please feel free to post your cup and maybe I will see the style I want to paint it:)

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great cups guys :)

As stated before... There are many painted looks and I was curious if there are different versions of the cups used in the film?

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a grail cup I made a while back, but I just got a grail cup in the mail today:)

I decided to repaint my old one but want to see suggestions.

Were there different painted versions for a reason, or just various techniques used? I see so many variations, I wasn't sure if there were hero, stunt, etc... Versions.

Please feel free to post your cup and maybe I will see the style I want to paint it:)

Rich, there are alot of versions of the Grail Cup for painting. No-one really knows 100% for sure which ones were prototypes, hero, stunt, which were actually used, etc.

It also depends alot what the cup means to you / how you envisage it and also what you see on screen.

Here are 6 examples of different paint jobs. Each one is followed by its counter-part image of a screen-grab, Grails that were auctioned off over the years, and from the LFA book 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones'.

IMO, all are valid. It's what 'hits' you the most that matters :) :thumbsup

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for all that info, and thx to EVERYONE who posted photos of their cups. They are all very helpful :thumbsup

Rich, there are alot of versions of the Grail Cup for painting. No-one really knows 100% for sure which ones were prototypes, hero, stunt, which were actually used, etc.

It also depends alot what the cup means to you / how you envisage it and also what you see on screen.

Here are 6 examples of different paint jobs. Each one is followed by its counter-part image of a screen-grab, Grails that were auctioned off over the years, and from the LFA book 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones'.

IMO, all are valid. It's what 'hits' you the most that matters :) :thumbsup