Post pics of your own 3D creations (not purchased)

TazMan2000

Master Member
3D is becoming more prevalent and there is a lot of talent here on this site. Lately, I've been designing models that really don't fit into any category, so I though I would start on a 3D creation category for anybody who wants to share their "own" 3D work on designing and creating real or imagined objects that would fall into the category of "General Modeling". Parts or pieces are OK too.

Anyone is welcome to share, but it has to be your own work and (eventually) be printable.

I'll start.
This is a Mark 82 General Purpose 500 lb. bomb on a stand. I loaded quite a few of these when I was in the air force many years ago. I will eventually be putting in arming wires and a Remove to Arm flag when I figure out how make one look realistic.

Mk 82 500 pound bomb with slick fin assembly.jpg

TazMan2000

Last edited:
This is a highly detailed model of the 2001: a Space Odyssey EVA pod that I made for a friend. It’s 65mm in diameter, and is resin-printed, from a 3D model that I designed from scratch. Its twin is on display in New York as part of the Kubrick Exhibition.

1634323359238.jpeg

This is a highly detailed model of the 2001: a Space Odyssey EVA pod that I made for a friend. It’s 65mm in diameter, and is resin-printed, from a 3D model that I designed from scratch. Its twin is on display in New York as part of the Kubrick Exhibition.

View attachment 1503619

Impressive in both design, and being selected for such an exhibition.

TazMan2000

Impressive in both design, and being selected for such an exhibition.

TazMan2000

Thanks. :) I referred to a lot of production material during my research, including unpublished photos from the Kubrick Archives in London. It’s the most accurate replica of the EVA pod ever made. That I’m aware of!

Of course when it’s exhibited it’s hanging from the ceiling, so nobody can tell…

Last edited:
Thanks. :) I referred to a lot of production material during my research, including unpublished photos from the Kubrick Archives in London. It’s the most accurate replica of the EVA pod ever made. That I’m aware of!

Of course when it’s exhibited it’s hanging from the ceiling, so nobody can tell…
I would be sooo happy to see those pics Neil(y)You're lucky to have access to those.

I would like to see a Space Station V surface treatment given to a multi-ring station. The outer-most ring two stories for Earth/Venus gravity…a Mars gravity ring… Luna, Ceres…with a spiral spokes that have the gravity of smaller asteroids on a walkway to the zero-G hub…only big enough for Dream Chaser.

Now…did the Aries lunar shuttle dock between the rings? Having it on the other side of the Orion III would have made the most sense.

Nexus goggles. Multiple prototypes.

Multiple Petgs and PLAs trying to make a see through mold. Used the models to make molds and cast in resin. Tried to vacu-form but the curves resulted in stressing the Petg

Edit: also, multiple sizes for a perfect fit

Attachments

• 20211016_110554.jpg
    20211016_110554.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
Love this thread! It'll be a lengthy, ongoing one for years to come.

It would be great if users would post what printers and materials were used, or what service was used, in addition to posting work.

As printers and materials evolve, it would be awesome to document that evolution here. On top of that, it would be a good reference thread for those who are looking to jump into the printing game.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back