post-apocalyptic Nova

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

OUTATIME1984

I'm a Hot Wheels collector and in serch of older cars i go to good will, savers, or other mom and pop thrift stores and get the bulk car bags and some times they have some well played with cars that need a second life this is one of them.

this is how it looked to start with a Hot Wheels 1968 Nova from the 2005 Robo Revenge 5-Pk

it was trashed and didn't care too much for the orange windows so i started work on her

cut off the front grill and back tail light panel added damage to diffent pats of the car.

added real metal "patch" panels removed the passengers seat

let it soak in water to let real rust grow on it

here it is complete with real rust in the paint to give it that worn look. the black tube is the fuel hose. i was going to have it in the back in the stock location but though if it is in a crazy world were gas was gold a fuel tank would be moved in closer and a quicker way to fuel up and get away if things got hairy.

hope you all like it.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CB2001

Master Member
I've got to admit, this is an impressive project. I've never seen any modifications to such a small-scale vehicle like this one before.

OUTATIME1984

I've got to admit, this is an impressive project. I've never seen any modifications to such a small-scale vehicle like this one before.
if you looked on hotwheelscollectors.com under the customs section you'll see people do alot more then what i have done to this Nova.

CB2001

Master Member
if you looked on hotwheelscollectors.com under the customs section you'll see people do alot more then what i have done to this Nova.
Thanks for the heads up. I may have to check that out. Also, if you do custom action figures as well, I've got a thread up dedicated to the discussion of every related to customizing action figures (including some by me and my attempts to practice finding the right likeness, discussions on methods and the morality/mentality of customizing action figures in general, amongst other action figure related stuff).

OUTATIME1984

Thanks for the heads up on that. Yeah this scale is tough since it has I higher risk of complete failer if you pull or push something too far and the realisim is lost. The passenger door is such an example of too far I didn't want it to look open but made it work. On a side note did upset a few nova fans with trashing this car but I told them it shows even when the world goes the heck the old Chevy is still running.