POSSIBLE SPOILER Episode 7 Wampa Saber

RexKramer

Sr Member
So today I woke up to the leaking of 30 or so concept art photos from Episode 7. These concepts have been the buzz on the interwebs for a while now but finally we actually get to see them! This one in particular confirms 2 things : a, there will be at least one lightsaber made out a Wampa claw and b, the sabers will carry the same feel of the original trilogy. IE, the obvious graflex influence in the concept. What do you guys think?

9KEAb2u.jpg

Also, another worthy stand out was this one:

1dMAOZ8.jpg

Daisy Ridley's character is obviously holding Anakin/Luke's saber in this picture. Or at least one similar.

Last edited:
Re: Episode 7 Wampa Saber

The above pictured lightsaber concept is far less OT inspired than I imagined. Has a very high tech feel, while OT props certainly looked very low tech.

Then again, if you look at the lightsaber concept art for Episode I, it looks like a very loose basis for the props that eventually made it onto the screen. The same may wind up being true for the new movie. The concept looks cool though. I did think to myself "ugh, that's gonna be an expensive replica to buy". :lol

So I'm being careful not to expose myself to any Ep VII stuff, the exception being new lightsaber props. I don't want to click that link and see all 31 photos, so maybe if there are threads discussing Ep VII props they could be clearly labeled for specific things, and stay on the topic of the props themselves, avoiding any possible character spoilers. Nothin wrong with this thread, just a suggestion moving forward. :):thumbsup

If there are any more new lightsabers in those 31 photos please post em here so I don't see more than I wanna see. :)

What if Luke went back to Hoth to get a claw off of that wampa's arm to make a saber out of? Or, someone obsessed with Luke did... I try not to speculate on the plot too much, but I do notice the heavy use of foreshadowing. As Yoda said, "...once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

I think Luke is gonna be bad. He slipped into the dark side to fight Vader...just a guess.

Those concept pieces are immense, I cannot wait for this movie now.

Too space-future-y for my liking; I wanna see more retro-junk sabers.

To be fair, they were junk because they were 20 years old. I doubt Obi Wan had the same tech in his hut to keep up the sabers like the Temple would have had. I think it would be unbelievable if some new Jedi was walking around with a rusty looking lightsaber.

To be fair, they were junk because they were 20 years old. I doubt Obi Wan had the same tech in his hut to keep up the sabers like the Temple would have had. I think it would be unbelievable if some new Jedi was walking around with a rusty looking lightsaber.

I wasn't even thinking it like that, I wasn't even thinking about making it look dirty and rusty. I just think it's not really feel like Star Wars if it doesn't have a similar visual aesthetic of the original movies; where things were made from other real-world things and looked oddly functional because of it.

Think about it, Luke's saber was his father's, how many years old already when he got it? Luke based his second saber off of Obi Wan's. Vader's saber was basically just a rebuild of his first saber (from AOTC). Those sabers were all old designs that dated back to the Clone Wars.

So if the 'found saber' rumor is true, we will see Anakin/Luke's, Luke's ROTJ, or all 3 (depending on whether it is the Anakin/Luke saber that is found, in which he will probably still have his ROTJ saber),

The concept art of her holding Luke's ESB saber lends credence to the "found saber" rumor we have heard about in the the Ep.7 thread.

I dunno... that being the found saber is just... odd.

But I have full trust in JJ storytelling... so if that is the ESB saber, there'll be a logical reason.

I dunno... that being the found saber is just... odd.

But I have full trust in JJ storytelling... so if that is the ESB saber, there'll be a logical reason.

Agreed. and the "Hand in space holding the saber" rumor is just dumb. But the "Excalibur" part of this idea is terrific.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back