Possible fradulent auction?

Originally posted by slave1pilot@Mar 19 2006, 02:38 AM
He says that it's a recreation
[snapback]1208669[/snapback]​

Yes, a recreation from the original mask. Where di he get his hands on that? I just question the legitimacy of his claim.

This mask was created using the ACTUAL screen used mask as a reference for its creation right down to the number 5 on the inside of both pieces to the specially mixed shade of grey paint.

Not fraud.

Yes, a recreation from the original mask. Where di he get his hands on that? I just question the legitimacy of his claim.
[snapback]1208670[/snapback]​
[/quote]

He says he used the mask as a refrence, never claims to have owned a screen used piece. I think people should be more carefull about shouting fraud around here, there is nothing at all wrong with this auction.

Originally posted by Gytheran@Mar 19 2006, 02:56 AM
This mask was created using the ACTUAL screen used mask as a reference for its creation right down to the number 5 on the inside of both pieces to the specially mixed shade of grey paint.

Not fraud.
[snapback]1208676[/snapback]​

I guess it can be attributed to the way you reading something and the way you interpret what is written.

The way I read that is that the person actually physically used a screen used mask, meaning he had one in his hands when creating this one.

Other people may interpret that differently.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Mar 19 2006, 01:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Mar 19 2006, 01:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Mar 19 2006, 02:56 AM

Not fraud.

I guess it can be attributed to the way you reading something and the way you interpret what is written.

The way I read that is that the person actually physically used a screen used mask, meaning he had one in his hands when creating this one.

[snapback]1208684[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have made dozens of props using ACTUAL screen used props as refrence, but I have never owned any of them. I am just saying people need ot be a little more careful around here before yelling fraud, or even "possible fraud".

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS+Mar 19 2006, 03:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Mar 19 2006, 03:33 AM)</div>
Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Mar 19 2006, 01:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Mar 19 2006, 02:56 AM

Not fraud.

[snapback]1208684[/snapback]​

I have made dozens of props using ACTUAL screen used props as refrence, but I have never owned any of them. I am just saying people need ot be a little more careful around here before yelling fraud, or even "possible fraud".
[snapback]1208688[/snapback]​
[/b]

Understood. Point well taken.

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton+Mar 19 2006, 03:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Phaeton @ Mar 19 2006, 03:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DarthKahnt
@Mar 19 2006, 06:26 AM
Think this is legit? I have my doubts...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESB-Darth-Vader-mask-a...1QQcmdZViewItem
[snapback]1208662[/snapback]​

He is no fraud, and He is a very skilled maker. I have been i touch with this guy for some time now, and got the background on this. nuff said.

Dan
[snapback]1208690[/snapback]​
[/b]

You've made a believer out of me Dan. :)

Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Using a picture of an original prop is still referencing an orignial prop. He did not really say that he had the piece in front of him or that he had access to it.

Don't we all manipulate the truth when we are trying to sell ourselves or anything we have?

The original helmet featured in the pics on the auction was actually sold at an auction in the last couple of years, so since it's in a private collector's hands there's a good chance that this person has had access to it to create the replica. Personally I like it and I think he's done a grand job.

J

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back