Possible first ever? Star Wars book in Aurebesh.

ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME.

Attachments

• 44ED2E3F-C486-4BCB-86E0-AE8858090FA9.jpeg
    44ED2E3F-C486-4BCB-86E0-AE8858090FA9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
Greetings all! I know I’m relatively quiet on the forum but I’ve got something to show off. First, if you want to see any of the other stuff that I’ve done recently you can head over here:

Now to the point-
Just as a fun little activity recently I have learned Aurebesh. One of the MANY versions. It really wasn’t that difficult. It’s just a matter of transposing normal English letters for a different symbol; in this case, Galactic Basic. Once you can wrap your brain around that it’s really quite natural. Even the special characters (ch, th, ae,...) make sense when you can relate them to something else.

SO, now that I have that down I took a que from Gorkon’s playbook (“You haven’t experienced Hamlet until you’ve read it in the original Klingon”) and I thought ‘What would it be like to read a book in Basic?’

Of all of Star Wars lore, my favorite book has always been I, Jedi. I figured that would be the easiest one for me to do because I’m most familiar with the story and I would have more incentive to finish the build. The hard cover is going to be packed out with Easter eggs: the binding will be in green and black, the head and tail stitching will have nine stripes of green (Rogue9), and I plan on doing two bookmarks, one silver and one purple for each phase of Corran’s lightsaber. Some other stuff too but gotta leave something to update on.

And so that got me into researching how to build a book. I’m not 100% there yet, but I have all of the pages filled into signatures and now it’s time to start sewing. Figure now it’s also time to show off where I stand. I’m gonna be posting updates when I get the cover built then the finished product. Just kind of wanted to get some feedback from some of the speeder bike handle enthusiasts. Let me know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!
How did you get printed text in aurebesh? Iv been trying to either find a book in aurebesh, or have some sort of text overlay in aurebesh for ebooks. Can you point me in the right direction?

How did you get printed text in aurebesh? Iv been trying to either find a book in aurebesh, or have some sort of text overlay in aurebesh for ebooks. Can you point me in the right direction?
Good question!
First I found a good Aurebesh font. There’s one posted on Reddit called Aurebesh AF. Installed that on my computer first. Then I found a website that converts ePubs to a Word document, highlighted the entire text, and changed the font to it. Formatted it to print in pamphlets and sewed them together. Describing what I did sounds a lot more complicated than it actually was. Honestly it was a huge cheat. A whole lot easier than typing a whole book in Aurebesh (which, yes, I had started to do at first).
Since posting this, the author found my friends post in FB and he commented back. What an honor!
BDCCA869-6534-479E-8CF1-A603A7D5E944.jpeg

Last edited:
The book is awesome. In every sense of the word.

I recently found and downloaded the “font pack” for windows so I could make the label for my water bottle project.

One odd thing I noted is that if the text has capitalization, it does not recognize the caps and makes an open box (for me).

So, I have to do all text in lower case (which means I have to “un-correct” Werd when it “helps” me with my forgotten caps.)

But it’s pretty cool I think. And free.

The book is awesome. In every sense of the word.

I recently found and downloaded the “font pack” for windows so I could make the label for my water bottle project.

One odd thing I noted is that if the text has capitalization, it does not recognize the caps and makes an open box (for me).

So, I have to do all text in lower case (which means I have to “un-correct” Werd when it “helps” me with my forgotten caps.)

But it’s pretty cool I think. And free.
Thanks!
That’s weird. Usually when Aurebesh gets capitalized in a font it turns the letter around backwards. I find the backward letters distracting. Funny I don’t mind the diagraphs though. I know not everyone cares for them. I only put them on the title page for mi-CH-AE-l just to feature them somewhere. The rest of the book is traditional letter for letter.

Cool thank you.

Although I was at my computer most of the day, I was writing training presentations so not much else (I did manage to get my Poe Dameron holster ordered and make a belt buckle).

Maybe later in the week I can check it out.

Greetings all! I know I’m relatively quiet on the forum but I’ve got something to show off. First, if you want to see any of the other stuff that I’ve done recently you can head over here:

Now to the point-
Just as a fun little activity recently I have learned Aurebesh. One of the MANY versions. It really wasn’t that difficult. It’s just a matter of transposing normal English letters for a different symbol; in this case, Galactic Basic. Once you can wrap your brain around that it’s really quite natural. Even the special characters (ch, th, ae,...) make sense when you can relate them to something else.

SO, now that I have that down I took a que from Gorkon’s playbook (“You haven’t experienced Hamlet until you’ve read it in the original Klingon”) and I thought ‘What would it be like to read a book in Basic?’

Of all of Star Wars lore, my favorite book has always been I, Jedi. I figured that would be the easiest one for me to do because I’m most familiar with the story and I would have more incentive to finish the build. The hard cover is going to be packed out with Easter eggs: the binding will be in green and black, the head and tail stitching will have nine stripes of green (Rogue9), and I plan on doing two bookmarks, one silver and one purple for each phase of Corran’s lightsaber. Some other stuff too but gotta leave something to update on.

And so that got me into researching how to build a book. I’m not 100% there yet, but I have all of the pages filled into signatures and now it’s time to start sewing. Figure now it’s also time to show off where I stand. I’m gonna be posting updates when I get the cover built then the finished product. Just kind of wanted to get some feedback from some of the speeder bike handle enthusiasts. Let me know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!
Plz tell me the book is finished? Is it available for purchase?

Plz tell me the book is finished? Is it available for purchase?
Finished? Yes. But this is a personal tome I built for my favorite book. I sent pictures of the build process to the author and check out what he did for me:

Attachments

• 3681E37F-B0E9-4B50-A0AF-62C78A8FD2FB.jpeg
    3681E37F-B0E9-4B50-A0AF-62C78A8FD2FB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • 57DB8D2D-43EB-4D7C-A943-3F3E9E5BDF40.jpeg
    57DB8D2D-43EB-4D7C-A943-3F3E9E5BDF40.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 0403D971-2B68-4522-BD81-F3096A3AF9D8.jpeg
    0403D971-2B68-4522-BD81-F3096A3AF9D8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back