Possible Ebay alert! Mods. move if necessary

8 perf

Sr Member
I know we are not supposed to post links to live auctions, but I thought this may need posting. Mods, please move or delete if I am wrong here.

I recently caught this guy using pics of a custom lightsaber I made, hyperlinked directly from my website in his auction. I shut him down by altering my website code, and for the longest time he had a "red x" where my pic used to be. On top of all that, he claimed his instruction book was used to make the light sabre in question. As it was my saber, I know this to be false..
I see he has a new pic up now of what appears to be a real graflex. Again he says it was built using his plans.
If this is one of your pics, and there are others on his listing, you might want to let him know how you feel. I did not report him to ebay, as I caught it in time and I was feeling nice that day, but........
BTW, if this is a member here, you should D**N well know better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/How-to-Build-Lightsabe...1QQcmdZViewItem

Originally posted by 8 perf@Feb 25 2006, 11:35 AM
I know we are not supposed to post links to live auctions, but I thought this may need posting.  Mods, please move or delete if I am wrong here.

I recently caught this guy using pics of a custom lightsaber I made, hyperlinked directly from my website in his auction.  I shut him down by altering my website code, and for the longest time he had a "red x" where my pic used to be.  On top of all that, he claimed his instruction book was used to make the light sabre in question.  As it was my saber, I know this to be false.. 
I see he has a new pic up now of what appears to be a real graflex.  Again he says it was built using his plans.
If this is one of your pics, and there are others on his listing, you might want to let him know how you feel.  I did not report him to ebay, as I caught it in time and I was feeling nice that day, but........
BTW, if this is a member here, you should D**N well know better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/How-to-Build-Lightsabe...1QQcmdZViewItem
[snapback]1193251[/snapback]​
You might want to think about watermarking your photos. I have had to do that myself due to my pictures popping up at different places.

This guy can't even spell his username correctly. I don't trust anyone that can't spellcheck their eBay auctions, no matter what the feedback rating is.

The pic of the 2 Graflex sabers are linked directly from Matt Munson's website. Hopefully he'll see this and do something about it.

Matt- your new pic is much better :lol :lol :lol
I pulled it up and laughed so hard I almost wet myself ...

Kell

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS+Feb 25 2006, 11:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Feb 25 2006, 11:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-propsculptor
@Feb 25 2006, 04:54 PM
Great Job Matt, Very Funny.. :lol  :lol
[snapback]1193490[/snapback]​

guess I am missing what Matt did to the auction
[snapback]1193493[/snapback]​
[/b]
Look at the second picture.

Anyone know what David Duchovny holding a flashlight has to do with this guys plans... :p

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS+Feb 25 2006, 11:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Feb 25 2006, 11:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-propsculptor
@Feb 25 2006, 04:54 PM
Great Job Matt, Very Funny.. :lol  :lol
[snapback]1193490[/snapback]​

guess I am missing what Matt did to the auction
[snapback]1193493[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks guys. (takes all appropriate bows, and waves to crowd)

I have chingon to thank for notifying me of the auction. The seller was silly enough to link DIRECTLY to a photo on my website that showed a couple of sabers. The sabers were built on top of real graflexi, using yoda's house kits. the ebay user said they were made using his kit.

So I wrote a bit of text on the photo to alert ebayers to his folly. :) You may have to hit "refresh" on your browser to see the changes.

Sadly, this will only work once, and he can always just shut down the auction, but oh well. If a few of my friends at the RPF get a good laugh out of it, then it was worth it. I'm sure the seller will be back.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back