Possible bad deal with Bimmer

Superman

I was advised by the RPF Staff to post this thread here. Im looking for somebody that knows Bimmer personally or knows how to get a hold of him, maybe through an email address or a phone number. I have his paypal address but have had No luck getting a hold of him through it.
Five or Six of us on RPF have signed up and paid in full for his Thor Hammer run and have not heard from him since final payment was made.http://www.therpf.com/f13/thor-movie-hammer-new-capstone-11-17-11-a-121786/
I've tried reaching him through Pm, email, and Facebook ... No response. Paypal cant do anything about it as far as refund because its been over 45 days since last payment. So i guess we just have to wait and hope he comes back. If anybody can help with locating Bimmer i would be very appreciative.
Thanks

I was advised by the RPF Staff to post this thread here. Im looking for somebody that knows Bimmer personally or knows how to get a hold of him, maybe through an email address or a phone number. I have his paypal address but have had No luck getting a hold of him through it.
Five or Six of us on RPF have signed up and paid in full for his Thor Hammer run and have not heard from him since final payment was made.http://www.therpf.com/f13/thor-movie-hammer-new-capstone-11-17-11-a-121786/
I've tried reaching him through Pm, email, and Facebook ... No response. Paypal cant do anything about it as far as refund because its been over 45 days since last payment. So i guess we just have to wait and hope he comes back. If anybody can help with locating Bimmer i would be very appreciative.
Thanks

thats a blow.

if you pay paypal via a credit card, get in touch with them and do a charge back, paypal cant stop them and paypal will refund you and chase bimmer to pay them back

thats a blow.

if you pay paypal via a credit card, get in touch with them and do a charge back, paypal cant stop them and paypal will refund you and chase bimmer to pay them back

Thanks fettster, thats good advice I'm going to look into that.

I'm looking for bimmer since I am one of the several members that pay for the thor hammer, I really am worried since I had to deal with a fraudulent guy just a couple of months ago, hope this turns out to be a misurderstanding and we get either our money back or the hammer.

I guess that's the gamble with paying for things on an open community. Perhaps he's got personal issues, or possibly worse. I will always pay using my CC on PayPal or maybe just send half payment and the rest when it arrives.

Hope everything works out lads, genuinely feel for ya. It's not always the money, but the excitement of waiting for that 'one off prop'.

This isn't going to help but I wanted to voice my opinion of this deal.

Whenever I purchase anything, it's with the understanding that if I don't have my item by day 40 after payment I will put in a Paypal dispute. No exceptions.
Now, say there is a run and the person needs the money up front to buy materials. No problem. However, they have 40 days from time of payment to have the item in my hand. If on day 40 they say I need two more weeks, I politely request a refund and I will pay in full again when the item is done. I will also give the option of filing the Paypal dispute which will buy them another 30 days but I'm still protected as I put in the dispute before the 45 day mark.
Now, let's say someone is doing a run but they tell you it will be 3 months before it's ready and they need the money now. No sale. I'll wait till it's done and pay then. But what if I miss out on that awesome prop? It's a gamble I'm willing to take. I'd rather do without than to take a chance with my cash.

Whenever I purchase anything, it's with the understanding that if I don't have my item by day 40 after payment I will put in a Paypal dispute. No exceptions.
Now, say there is a run and the person needs the money up front to buy materials. No problem. However, they have 40 days from time of payment to have the item in my hand. If on day 40 they say I need two more weeks, I politely request a refund and I will pay in full again when the item is done. I will also give the option of filing the Paypal dispute which will buy them another 30 days but I'm still protected as I put in the dispute before the 45 day mark.
Now, let's say someone is doing a run but they tell you it will be 3 months before it's ready and they need the money now. No sale. I'll wait till it's done and pay then. But what if I miss out on that awesome prop? It's a gamble I'm willing to take. I'd rather do without than to take a chance with my cash.
We do seem to keep repeating this advice...over and over.

The best advice ever given on this board.

That's an awesome advise... But I would add a bemolle :
It might also depend of the propmaker's reputation... I could wait one year for an SDS or a Matsuo prop, and trust them without hesitation !

That's Very Smart Funky Jedi. I will follow this advice from now on. I've never had a bad deal on RPF so far. Every member i've done business with has been wonderful and very professional, but this deal isnt looking so good.
I have been PM'd by a few helpful members one who reminded me of a thread Bimmer posted last year that is very similar to the Thor Hammer one. I think the only difference is when he disappeared from that thread he hadn't received any payments yet.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-green-lantern-movie-ring-bimmer-116016/index3.html#post1895516

I've tried a couple other ways to contact Bimmer, so i will post on this thread if i've been able to reach him.

That's an awesome advise... But I would add a bemolle :
It might also depend of the propmaker's reputation... I could wait one year for an SDS or a Matsuo prop, and trust them without hesitation !
Oh, definitely. I've waited on stuff from Rylo, but he is beyond reproach. There are a few others I would trust like that hear, but for the most part, they have at least 5+ years as a member/crafter.

The best advice ever given on this board.

I agree! If the seller can't make good on the timeframe and I need to forfiet getting it to get my money back then so be it.

I would never sell any shields if the folks did this. I need the downpayments up front, but it takes longer than 40 -45 days to finish 10-20 shields in a run.

I agree! If the seller can't make good on the timeframe and I need to forfiet getting it to get my money back then so be it.

Im sure even now trusted sellers were not trusted sellers when you purchased the first time from them.

Don't want to throw with names now, but Im sure you and a lot of other guys pay sometimes for something, what needs more than 40 days, even more than 60 or 90 days...

I think no-one is safe and it can happen to everyone, even deals with sellers without any negative feedback can go wrong.

Thank god, I never had any trouble with sellers.
I don't follow this 40days rule, but that doesn't make any sense at all, because the props need sometimes about 3-4 weeks to arrive. Thats the problem with international orders.

I think the best way is, to watch which seller is a trusted member, look how active he is in the RPF and if he had any deals in the past and what he offers.

I think many users won't purchase something in the $400 price range from a member registered a week ago with 6 posts.

I would never sell any shields if the folks did this. I need the downpayments up front, but it takes longer than 40 -45 days to finish 10-20 shields in a run.

Chris, that's unfortnate. I completely understand you needing the downpayment up front and that it takes longer than 45 to make. That's my loss (because your shields really are works of art) however, how else would a buyer protect themselves?
What if you decided (and I'm certainly NOT implying that you would ever do this) to just up and move with everybody's cash and not trouble yourself with any more shields? (we've actually seen this happen with reputable, long-standing members) How does the buyer retrieve his funds? Sure you can contact the police but it's a headache and only turns up mixed results. To be honest, it's very difficult to get your money back if you've been scammed short of showing up on their doorstep.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back