Possible AVP cannon mechanism

predator paul

Hi guys we got these in at work today thought you would like to see. I'm thinking with a lick of paint and some reworking it would be great for an animatronic arm. Best thing is that it comes in a kit so you can make different combos so a possible P1 cannon could be fitted. I got mine free because I made a £500 pound sale today.

The basic setup is a 3 point articulation with full 180 degree the claw is cool, played with...cough...I mean demonstrated one today

i have worked out the the exact same thing, but i don;t wanna pay for it, and also it's not too light, was gonna lengthen the control wires and mount them into a wrist comp

i have worked out the the exact same thing, but i don;t wanna pay for it, and also it's not too light, was gonna lengthen the control wires and mount them into a wrist comp

Making mine now. I sorted out the weight problem buy routing an extra battery compartment from a longer wire that will go in the backpack. We sell them for £30.00 which is not to bad when you think of what you can do with it.

Good news. The big bit at the bottom is only for the pivot motor the rest run from just a simple 4 wire setup and it's light as a feather. I'm going to use this for my P1 backpack with a foam cannon for ease of use

oooh, good idea about the batteries, you work in that red5 place?

Yep Supervisor of the Southampton store. I present to you after a good undercoat of black and spray of silver paint....The Robot Arm/Pred Cannon arm. :p

cannon-arm.jpg

Ignore the cannon, going to use my Pirk that was the one that came with the backpack :)

cannon-arm.jpg

Just tested the size on the cannon mount fits like a glove. Going to add magnets to hold the cannon (AVPR style) and rewire the top motor to pivot. :)

Image023.jpg

I also found a nice guitar stand in a cheapy shop that I used for a Bio stand

Image026.jpg

And finally finished my Indy costume

Image013.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image026.jpg

Image013.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back