Portumac Prop studios?

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone deal with Portumac Prop Studios. SAW them on Facebook. Any shipping problems? Quality? Thinking of getting something from them and wanted to get valuable feedback before throwing money their way. Want to be sure they are legit and not a fly by night scammer.:eek

Last edited:
I don't think that there is a blanket comment for Portumac- he's considered a reliable supplier over on a 501st forum....I've been dealing with him and he communicates well and provides pictures of his products. Regarding quality (tricky word that) it depends on what you mean? accuracy? Certainly he is a skilled artisan and his products have a high level of finish to them.

I have an issue in that he is re-casting the Death Star tiles I made, if that means anything to you.

Minifig

I also heared that he is a recaster after I dealed with him...but I don´t know what he has recasted.
Its truth that some of his little parts are well made...but a lot are not.Some of his "metalparts" are only chromed plastic or something like that.Very fragile and cheap.And the quality of the fiberglas...hm...my fingernail was in the mask by sanding it.Airbubbles under the surface...if somebody has not the skills to repair that...a big problem.

Quality looks different for me..lets speak the pics...:

DSCN3784.JPG

DSCN4199dd.jpg

DSCN4277MARKED.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't dealt with him yet, but he's who most everyone uses for Shins for their Vader. Those are about the most accurate part that he sells for Vader. A ton of guys over at the SLD use him for basic approval, but if you're looking for movie accurate parts, the only thing that really works from him is his Vader shin guards. His Vader chest armor is pretty decent too. A little more boxy than the real thing, but it's very close to being accurate.
Preferably, if you're going to him for Vader parts, find other people for everything except his shin guards.....
EDIT: Also forgot to say, he has a really sick looking neck brace piece for Vader, and I want to see if there is any possibility that I could only get the entire Vader piece that goes around the neck (so instead of a full helmet, only the bottom half.
That would be pretty awesome... this is eventually of course after my Vader is finished.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back